Purpose of One Hand Drill?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Straightleg- What did you use for the knob on your bats?

And regarding the correct use of the PVC bat, When swung correctly, when does the shot slide to the end of the bat? Never or after contact?

Thanks, ww.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Straightleg- What did you use for the knob on your bats?

And regarding the correct use of the PVC bat, When swung correctly, when does the shot slide to the end of the bat? Never or after contact?

Thanks, ww.

Knob of bat (easton bat choke) slides right over pvc. Used the bat tape wrap to catch the top of the choke

Straightleg

May 11, 2009
Straightleg,
I am sorry for the ignorance here but where is the shot? Is it inside the bat? I am going to make a few of these and want to make sure I do it right.
Thanks
mkral

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Shot is inside the bat. You place 15" of dowell rod inside the pvc pipe at the handle area. Hold it in place with a small wood screw that the grip covers. The shot then slids from 15" to the end of the bat. Whatever you use on the end of the PVC make sure it is attached securely. It is not much fun picking up the shot off a gym floor. straightleg and I have made many of these along with our own whip hits over the years.

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I know Howard and I have gotten a few PM's on this. Make sure it is 3 oz of # 9 bird shot. Plus use the gray PVC pipe like in the picture, it is stronger than the white. We also use tennis grip.

May 15, 2011
Would a training tool called The Clicker Bat serve the same purpose as the PVC bats being made? Apparently this tool has been around a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi