Efficiency Is the Secret Sauce to Improving Performance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Everyone is always looking for that one magical drill, or technique, or exercise, or something else that will help them improve their level of performance in games. Building strength is often where players and coaches turn when they don’t know what else to do. And yes, you can definitely drive some level of improvement through […]

More...

Nov 29, 2009
After reading this something came to mind that was told to me a long time ago. I knew a guy who did pairs figure skating at the international level. He literally traveled the world competing. What he told me was very simple. He said the difference between good and great is the elimination of unnecessary motion. I've always tried to use that approach when coaching kids while doing drills. Teaching them how to move more efficiently.

The other thing I preach to the players I work with is Practice make permanent! Making sure it is being done correctly has a much higher level of results rather that just doing reps. When you ask parents and players what does practice make? You'll get "perfect" as the response the majority of the times. That's when you have to explain to them if they are not doing something correctly they now have a perfect, permanent mistake that needs to be relearned. correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802