Prevent Leaking/Shifting Forward After Heel Plant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Maybe I missed it. Did you explain what you meant by "active back knee"?

I have explained it awhile back. Get the hands going back against a resisting rear knee (this creates a forward move) w a goal of turning the knee over and down towards the ground. Basically the entirety of the sequence. Something you gotta play with. This opens the pelvis while the hands remain back and up creating proper stretch diagonally. To launch you must have the front foot down.

1655357475832.gif

I think you don’t create this stretch naturally bc your UFAs aren’t in order like TDS mentioned. Or maybe your resistance feel isn’t quite right.

Jan 28, 2017
Interesting... you mean like what JD is saying in the video?

He does mention JD some. I have never heard JD say to externally rotate the thigh but he does. The local guy does look a lot like JD but never mentions shoulders. Lower have is a lot like JD but not the upper, IMO.

May 12, 2016
He does mention JD some. I have never heard JD say to externally rotate the thigh but he does. The local guy does look a lot like JD but never mentions shoulders. Lower have is a lot like JD but not the upper, IMO.
Yep, JD says land with the front foot open.. which will rotate the thigh externally

Oct 2, 2017
Yep, JD says land with the front foot open.. which will rotate the thigh externally
Some swing feels that I posted in my DD's thread. interested statement of the open foot that you mention and Donaldson.

I was trying to go for the same idea of Mookie here. Maybe it might help some. I'm not really that close to matching.

Reactions: TDS
May 12, 2016
I have explained it awhile back. Get the hands going back against a resisting rear knee (this creates a forward move) w a goal of turning the knee over and down towards the ground. Basically the entirety of the sequence. Something you gotta play with. This opens the pelvis while the hands remain back and up creating proper stretch diagonally. To launch you must have the front foot down.

View attachment 25849

I think you don’t create this stretch naturally bc your UFAs aren’t in order like TDS mentioned. Or maybe your resistance feel isn’t quite right.
Thanks for explaining, good stuff. Naturally I believe I'm relying on my front side(right Handed and dominant side) too much. It pulls and drags everything. This is going to take some rewiring

May 12, 2016
Some swing feels that I posted in my DD's thread. interested statement of the open foot that you mention and Donaldson.

I was trying to go for the same idea of Mookie here. Maybe it might help some. I'm not really that close to matching.

Thanks Clem, I have taken some dry swings and stopped at heel plant with the the foot open and hands back(aka JD)... you can definitely feel the stretch at that point

May 12, 2016

View attachment 25849

@TDS if you were explaining to a new player how to create proper UFAs ... what would you say/do? Also, when do these UFAs take place? Before the stride, during the stride etc?

Oct 2, 2017
Thanks Clem, I have taken some dry swings and stopped at heel plant with the the foot open and hands back(aka JD)... you can definitely feel the stretch at that point
This is the idea I'm playing with. Which I know some say should not even be concerned with. Not saying its correct or not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves