POLL for Nationals -PGF - ALLIANCE - OTHER

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What are you doing for nationals?

• PGF

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Alliance

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Lots of great softball all over the country!!!! Iowa Premier program!!! Impressive.

18U Alliance: Last 4 teams-Batbusters Stith-Iowa Premier-Aces-Fury Platinum

16U Alliance-3 TX teams and Iowa!!!! Bombers, Impact Gold, TX Glory Naudin and Iowa Premier

Still trying to figure out the PGF final brackets. lol. Good luck to all the teams surviving!!!
Select Fastpitch Salazar and Sorcerers Glenn won the 16U Premier A and B brackets.

Feb 14, 2019
We also went the house rental route as it was way more affordable (it cost us $750 for the full 7 days)...Initially booked a large house with 3 other families that was within walking distance to Grand Park, but their water well failed about six weeks before the tournament. Our host was excellent to work with but we ended up having to split into two smaller properties that were in north Indianapolis, about 15 minutes south of Westfield. Then we found out our age group got assigned to Championship Park in Kokomo...sigh. Gotta love a 50 minute commute to the ball fields!

Honestly, though, while it was an inconvenient drive to the park we did take full advantage of the location and had some great meals/experiences in the Indianapolis area.

Feb 14, 2019
Well, they did move the Elite 8 to Grand Park.. :ROFLMAO:
Right??!? I was just happy the park in Kokomo was a nice turf facility...I may have some lingering PTSD due to some of the trash fields we've been assigned to at some of the "National" events over the years.

Jun 8, 2016
Right??!? I was just happy the park in Kokomo was a nice turf facility...I may have some lingering PTSD due to some of the trash fields we've been assigned to at some of the "National" events over the years.
True..although I am not a fan of turf tbh (but the way things seem to be going with regards to field surfaces...I need to get over that :ROFLMAO: )

Feb 14, 2019
True..although I am not a fan of turf tbh (but the way things seem to be going with regards to field surfaces...I need to get over that :ROFLMAO: )
Agreed. While I definitely prefer a well conditioned, well maintained "real" infield, the unfortunate reality is that very, very few facilities can/will devote the time, energy and money into doing what it takes to keep them in great shape. At least most turf fields provide a consistent playing surface and allow us to avoid many of the weather-related issues that plague spring/fall ball. Ask my DD, and she prefers turf any day of the week...kids, right?

I absolutely despise how hot turf can get in the summertime, though. It seems facilities with turf infields and grass outfields provide a nice balance of weather-hardiness, ease of maintenance and temperature control.

Jun 8, 2016
Agreed. While I definitely prefer a well conditioned, well maintained "real" infield, the unfortunate reality is that very, very few facilities can/will devote the time, energy and money into doing what it takes to keep them in great shape. At least most turf fields provide a consistent playing surface and allow us to avoid many of the weather-related issues that plague spring/fall ball. Ask my DD, and she prefers turf any day of the week...kids, right?

I absolutely despise how hot turf can get in the summertime, though. It seems facilities with turf infields and grass outfields provide a nice balance of weather-hardiness, ease of maintenance and temperature control.
Actually DD would rather play on dirt..might be because she hears me bitch about turf so much..not sure :LOL:

Jul 18, 2022
As a parent that does laundry, both suck. Stains from the rubber pellets and stains from the dirt. One plus of the turf is the lack of imbedded dirt I have to power wash out of the clothes (including the orange socks!).

Having to drive to Kokomo wasn't ideal, especially for those staying closer to Indianapolis, fortunately there wasn't traffic.

One thing I noted with the lane closures, all the polite drivers merging early and not trying to cut each other off. It was like being on another planet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2022
As a parent that does laundry, both suck. Stains from the rubber pellets and stains from the dirt. One plus of the turf is the lack of imbedded dirt I have to power wash out of the clothes (including the orange socks!).

Having to drive to Kokomo wasn't ideal, especially for those staying closer to Indianapolis, fortunately there wasn't traffic.

One thing I noted with the lane closures, all the polite drivers merging early and not trying to cut each other off. It was like being on another planet.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

We have tried everything from pressure wash, bright white stuff that rusts some zippers, naptha bar but hands down Murphy oil soap and a scrub daddy sponge works wonders- get the pants wet then just pour the Murphy on and brush with sponge- rarely ever is any heavy scrubbing needed- then we ring out a little in the sink and throw in the washer- sometimes I still bust out the pressure washer:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619