POLL for Nationals -PGF - ALLIANCE - OTHER

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

What are you doing for nationals?

• PGF

Votes: 28 62.2%
  • Alliance

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
Apr 1, 2017
Good man. After fighting to get my 5 YO to bed by midnight at the hotel (while his brother and sister try to sleep), I will check out the night life for you in (checking the Alliance site) Westfield, IN.

Not looking to start a pro/con religion debate, but if a church is #4 on the "best things to do" list, I have doubts about how much fun there is to be had....

Jun 8, 2016

Not looking to start a pro/con religion debate, but if a church is #4 on the "best things to do" list, I have doubts about how much fun there is to be had....
We might be staying elsewhere..I don't pay attention to what DW does with that stuff. I'll ask her if where we are staying has a strip club.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016

#10 is an Equestrian Center. I’ve always wondered if I would be good at riding a horse..I bet @RADcatcher can hook me up with some of them riding pants..

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
When DD played the 2017 JO Cup (when it was good)at Perris BLD they were able to go to Hollyweird and Dana Point for some paddle boarding. I didn't go that trip.

Nov 5, 2014
Better teams in pgf
I can't speak to this year as DD is now in college but her team played in PGF 18u premier last year and Alliance 16u Tier 1 the year before and while both tournaments had very good teams I felt the competition at Alliance was a little better

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Looks like 98-102 degrees in Chino Hills everyday for this tournament. That is some terrible weather. Alliance needs to do better than that if they want to continue to compete with PGF. I would rather be in Indiana LOL.

Low 80s in Huntington Beach.

Jun 8, 2016
Looks like 98-102 degrees in Chino Hills everyday for this tournament. That is some terrible weather. Alliance needs to do better than that if they want to continue to compete with PGF. I would rather be in Indiana LOL.

Low 80s in Huntington Beach.
If locations were switched would the Bandits be playing AFCS? No need to answer..I know it already 😉

The tribal nature of this for some (“adults”) is amusing…it’s youth softball. There are hard working KIDS playing in both. When it’s time for my kid to contact coaches she will send them her schedule. Hopefully they are interested enough that they will show up regardless of what tournament it is. If they aren’t then we will either move on or find other ways to get on their radar (Nationals are not the only tournaments all year..)

People need to grow up..(the Bandits Twitter account is especially juvenile when it comes to all of this )

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
Illinois
If locations were switched would the Bandits be playing AFCS? No need to answer..I know it already 😉

The tribal nature of this for some (“adults”) is amusing…it’s youth softball. There are hard working KIDS playing in both. When it’s time for my kid to contact coaches she will send them her schedule. Hopefully they are interested enough that they will show up regardless of what tournament it is. If they aren’t then we will either move on or find other ways to get on their radar (Nationals are not the only tournaments all year..)

People need to grow up..(the Bandits Twitter account is especially juvenile when it comes to all of this )
Now I have to go create a Twitter account to checkout the friendly banter. LOL

No, we don't have a choice in which Nationals we play in. I truly wouldn't mind playing in Indiana. Close to home for me and I would save around $2,000- $3,500 in Indiana. No flights, no rental car, and I am assuming the hotels are cheaper near Westfield, Indiana or I could stay with family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole