playing time on a competitive team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 9, 2011
Ohio
You don't get it! I'm going to try one more time to enlighten you.

Your DD was given an opportunity to pinch hit. The coach took someone else out and gave your DD a chance to help the team. Twice!
Like another poster stated, you don't practice in a game. Playing time is performing time; learning is a side effect in that situation.

You, and only you, are responsible for your DD not being ready to play. You, and only you, are responsible for your DD not being ready to practice. You, and only you, can decide to get her the lessons she needs if SHE wants to be the best SHE can be.

It's not anyone else but you! You make the excuses! You place the blame somewhere else every time.

Your DD is not ready to play TB! Your DD does not have the skills to play TB! And YOU are the only legitimate excuse she has for not being ready! That's THE ONLY EXCUSE that holds water!

It's time for you to stop holding her back; it's time for her to work for what she wants! Stop teaching her that she can't!!!!!!!!!

So you are saying the coaches don't have any responsibility here? Maybe they shouldn't have taken her if they were going to treat her like this.

Mar 13, 2010
So you are saying the coaches don't have any responsibility here? Maybe they shouldn't have taken her if they were going to treat her like this.

No. This entire situation is not the coach's error. YOU NEED TO TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY HERE.

Jan 24, 2011

Maybe if you didnt make excuses for her and Maybe if she were willing to work and practice on her own , she wouldnt have to sit the bench.

Jun 9, 2011
Ohio
I admit. I could probably have practiced with her more. Maybe taken her to a "PRO" instructor or whatever. But what is the purpose of a coach then? Aren't they expected to give them playing time and teach the players something? Or do top teams just put a bunch of studs together and go play? and relegate those who arent at the same level as everyone else to the bench in case of injury?

I know I shouldn't have my dd on a top team at this point. She isn't ready for a top team. I know that now. I just can't believe I'm the only one to blame here. The coaches either needed to help her get better or shouldn't have taken her.

Jan 24, 2011
I admit. I could probably have practiced with her more. Maybe taken her to a "PRO" instructor or whatever. But what is the purpose of a coach then? Aren't they expected to give them playing time and teach the players something? Or do top teams just put a bunch of studs together and go play? and relegate those who arent at the same level as everyone else to the bench in case of injury?

I know I shouldn't have my dd on a top team at this point. She isn't ready for a top team. I know that now. I just can't believe I'm the only one to blame here. The coaches either needed to help her get better or shouldn't have taken her.

Wrong again. This is pretty much all you. Just quit the team and stop whining.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest

It isn't the coach's job to make her better, she has to take the initiative. They have given her an opportunity.

Jun 9, 2011
Ohio
It isn't the coach's job to make her better, she has to take the initiative. They have given her an opportunity.

How is it an opportunity if she hardly plays? How is it an opportunity if the team never practices anymore and only go to tournaments? When does she get better?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach