PGF nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2013
As a side note - I did watch the 16U PGF finals last night on TV. Overall, play was very good - saw some great throws from the catchers down to 2B. Some very nice plays by the MIF and 3B. Was fun to watch. It was a great game.

My only question is I believe I heard Amanda state that the pitchers were throwing anywhere from 55-60 mph. Would you say that was accurate? I thought it would have been a little faster for that age group at that level. Maybe I misheard.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
As a side note - I did watch the 16U PGF finals last night on TV. Overall, play was very good - saw some great throws from the catchers down to 2B. Some very nice plays by the MIF and 3B. Was fun to watch. It was a great game.

My only question is I believe I heard Amanda state that the pitchers were throwing anywhere from 55-60 mph. Would you say that was accurate? I thought it would have been a little faster for that age group at that level. Maybe I misheard.
No way that's accurate. The teams we faced all had girls throwing 64+.

Oct 4, 2018
One summer in high school i played in a golf tournament that Tiger was in. He didn’t have a very good first round, and was only a couple shots ahead of me. We’re pretty much the same…… 😂

(He won, i missed the cut)

I played in a tournament with him once as well. He was about 10 years younger than me, and I barely beat him. He was probably 9 or so.

Jun 8, 2016
DD's team played both the PGF 14U champ and Alliance 14U champ. DD's team didn't pitch their best pitcher in either game and lost 11-1 to Thunderbolts and 4-1 to Batbusters Stith..so there you go definitive proof PGF 14U was better... :LOL: (granted I didn't see the Thunderbolts game). They are consistently bad against good pitching..I think they scored 1 run against Georgia Impact too...lol.

Edit: they actually got shut out twice by Georgia Impact..probably why HC doesn't pitch the Ace..why waste her if they are not going to score any runs anyway :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
Gotcha. Yeah - I was kind of surprised when I heard it. Even though it’s hard to tell on TV it didn’t look like it was in the 50’s.

I find that TV and videos seem to make pitchers look slower. Is that a common perception?

Jun 8, 2016
I find that TV and videos seem to make pitchers look slower. Is that a common perception?
Could be you are used to seeing P5 teams on tv. Just look at the batters..they will tell you how fast a kid is throwing.

May 27, 2013

I do think the TV makes it look slower, especially from behind. But the pitching looked more comparable to some college pitching that’s why I was wondering if I had misheard the speed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24