PGF Nationals 12U Premier

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
😁Maybe it's because you're always looking for an argument with me and there is none , that perplexes you 🤷‍♀️
Just guessing.
That must be it.

I do think that younger players should watch older players (at various age groups) play so we are in agreement there...I think. I don't think comparing yourself to your (age) peers at 12 YO is necessarily a good idea. That should be left to the parents/coaches (so they can steer development,appropriate level of play,etc) and when a kid gets to the time of recruiting.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Thank you for the input. 20 kids, wow. How do you keep that many kids and parents happy? We played with 9 much of the year, but we’ll have a few more for Nationals (and next year.)
Every Corona Angels team we ever play carries a minimum of 20 girls on their roster. In the IDT this year, we played a CA team with 24 girls on the roster. I wouldn't care if it was free. I would never want that size roster.

Oct 13, 2017
I don't understand you because you write in broken English. Dead serious..not trying to be an as*..I honestly cannot understand what you write 1/2 the time.
Some people on this board are difficult to understand.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jan 1, 2023
All of the 12U Premier Championship games from the past 10+ years are on YouTube. Go look at them to see what the general level is for the best teams if you want to know where you stand (and I am not sure why you would..what would you do with that information now? The young ladies certainly don't need to know any of that..)
I watched last year’s finals, but it’s tough to tell on TV. Teams generally put the ball in play, and the defenses were solid, but they are 12-13 olds and mistakes were made. Winning team gave up 1 hit, but their pitchers only had 1K. Starting pitcher of the winning team only threw 51% strikes, but only walked one. There were wild pitches to let runs score by the runner-up and some mental errors. Normal stuff for this age.

But it’s probably a different story when they are walloping you on the field vs watching on TV. And those pitchers are getting a lot more strikeouts vs your team.

Jun 8, 2016
I watched last year’s finals, but it’s tough to tell on TV. Teams generally put the ball in play, and the defenses were solid, but they are 12-13 olds and mistakes were made. Winning team gave up 1 hit, but their pitchers only had 1K. Starting pitcher of the winning team only threw 51% strikes, but only walked one. There were wild pitches to let runs score by the runner-up and some mental errors. Normal stuff for this age.

But it’s probably a different story when they are walloping you on the field vs watching on TV. And those pitchers are getting a lot more strikeouts vs your team.
“I never lose. I either win or learn” -Mandela (also Giannis 😂)

This is especially true with 12 YO. Keep that mindset and you and your team will be fine.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
For those home teams, a large roster is no big deal. Sleep in your own bed and play at your home park. It's like a practice day. if ya get to pinch run, yay!

I first met Kelly Maxwell's dad in the stands during an organizational tryouts. I was asking why she was at this tryout for this organization and he said he wasn't happy about their previous org's summer experience and specifically their 14u PGF experience. They picked up a handful of players and he felt like it was a super expensive Cali vacation. No one took it serious. 2 and out. Other stuff was said.

Just goes to show you, it doesn't matter what happens in 14U.

Btw, DD tried out for Maxwell's previous org's 14U program the week prior. There was at least 60 players at that tryout. They said they would put together two teams. At the end of that tryout they told certain players to stay and everyone else, thanks for coming out...you didn't make the team. A bunch of those players were on pretty great12u team that imploded after Colorado. Guess what, many of those players that were told to stay ended on other teams and that program didn't field a single 14u team that year. I could have formed a team with the bottom 1/3 of that talent at that tryout and competed in every tourney. That was our first true TB tryout season. My eyes were wide open.

Aug 3, 2016
Couple years ago when the platinum champion posted their winning pic the roster was so large it was obvious there weren’t enough trophies to go around. Wonder who got one and who didn’t? No skin off these SoCal families to roll out of bed and head to the field. May as well invite everyone. Seems like PGF should require everyone to eat a crappy hotel breakfast everyday just to level the playing field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00