PGF nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Mar 4, 2015
New England
Thanks. I'm trying to put in perspective some brags I'm hearing. Not that winning any national tournament isn't a great accomplishment.

Jun 8, 2016
Anyone have a count on how many games the top 2 teams in each division will end up playing this week?
If you were seeded the min to win the whole thing would be 10 (2 in Regionals, 3 in Supers, 3 in Elite 8 and 2 in champ series)

The debate is stupid and anybody who “ranks” a tournament on social media to build up their own team is a dufus..(“Kids played hard against some great competition and came out on top” is all that is needed..)

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
Illinois
Is the 18u platinum division of this tournament that just finished in Irvine the top tournament in the country, IYO?
The Premier PGF Nationals is the biggest tournament in the country as far PGF goes. The Platinum division is a division that teams can play in that don't qualify for the PGF Premier National Championship.

The top two National Championship are PGF and Alliance currently. I could even understand someone saying that the IDT in Colorado is the best tournament in the country now, since both PGF and Alliance teams play in the IDT. The IDT is not a National Championship though. In reality any team that wins any of those three tournaments are pretty big accomplishments in terms of tournament softball.

Oct 4, 2018
Honestly, I think the Carpet City Classic is the best tournament. And we won it. :p

Seriously though, I gotta agree with the whacky brackeys in the Sparkler. What on Earth is going on there? That was crazy.

And the naming of Premier and Platinum and trying to remember which is better... *sigh*

May 13, 2023
Honestly, I think the Carpet City Classic is the best tournament. And we won it. :p

Seriously though, I gotta agree with the whacky brackeys in the Sparkler. What on Earth is going on there? That was crazy.

And the naming of Premier and Platinum and trying to remember which is better... *sigh*
...and when Starbucks started,
calling their small cup of coffee tall...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619