PGF nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
No way they'd do it in Florida in July/August. If there's one thing you can guarantee, it's rain every day in Florida in the summer. Indiana would make more sense.
They had one of them (14's maybe?) in FL a few years ago...maybe they learned their lesson.

Jun 8, 2016
PGF does Show Me The Money there in early June, and that's always plagued with storms.
Not disagreeing with you..just telling you they had it in FL before 🤷‍♂️

If you don't want to deal with weather in Aug have it in CA or the Northeast..IN had a bunch of storms last year and they barely missed them this year (they had lightening delays on Sat). OK is out of the rotation.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023
The question is do coaches put pressure on the organizations to hold them at close locales next year to make their lives easier?
Mehhh not heard of that scenario. But I would look at it in the opposite that where the prominent College locations in the nation are become more appealing to try and Showcase Players.

Now that softball is strong all over opportunities are greater to host events in multiple States.

Do think the college ran camps at events are a lot more appealing for players. Specifically get in front of the colleges they know will be at those camps.

Can imagine that if recruitment changes from the time frame it is now. There could be more multi College camp venues to attend. So players will be going in front of say five to eight college coaches attending the same camp but it's *not a team showcase.
Just a guess but it will continue to provide that added income revenue for colleges while they can still get eyes on. Like a loophole to the recruitment windows.

College coaches creating this in their region of the nation. Type of thing.
Less traveling for the college coaches. Keep it in a time frame that's comfortable with their own schedule. Bring the athletes to them.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Not disagreeing with you..just telling you they had it in FL before 🤷‍♂️

If you don't want to deal with weather in Aug have it in CA or the Northeast..IN had a bunch of storms last year and they barely missed them this year (they had lightening delays on Sat). OK is out of the rotation.
Last year was the only time we didn't miss games due to storms at NE Finest. Don't you remember the text I sent you with that line of storms? 🤣

I think California is the safest bet.

May 13, 2021
Well you had to qualify to get there which one would think would shrink the talent/skill gap somewhat.

I saw this yesterday and I agree with it from what I saw

It will be interesting to see if Alliance moves 16's and 18's outside of CA next year ( I don't think they have announced location) if that stays the same. This year college coaches could go to both to recruit (DD's HC, who is an Assistant coach for a local college team, did just that).

10u and 12u would be better competition if it was held in the middle of the country. The older ages maybe not.

May 13, 2023
Travel was called travel ball because to play it you actually had to travel to find other teams.
Not so much anymore...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1