PGF nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
I am trying to be an as*, not have a serious conversation :LOL:

DD's team has a legit #1 but the coach sticks to his rotation for the most part..I give him credit for it even though I have walked out of the complex a few times when I saw who was starting :cautious: (one time he called me after and asked why I left..had me scrambling)
You don’t have to try.

Jun 8, 2016
When PGF Network had the games they had radar readings the last few years. ESPN wasn't showing those ( I only subscribe to ESPN+ during the men's and women's WS)?

May 17, 2023
I find that TV and videos seem to make pitchers look slower. Is that a common perception?

Yeah definitely true IMO. Our seats are behind 3B dugout for local college team, so basically looking straight sideways at the pitch. Their #1 throws it 70 consistently. Watching the speed of her pitches from that angle, I'm amazed that anyone steps into the box let alone is able to hit it.

But watching on TV from CF camera it looks much more hittable. I'm sure there is a real explanation for why that is.

Jun 8, 2016
But watching on TV from CF camera it looks much more hittable. I'm sure there is a real explanation for why that is.
Same reason why you want to get to the right of ground balls so you can better judge the distance between the hops as opposed to taking them straight on..

May 27, 2013
When PGF Network had the games they had radar readings the last few years. ESPN wasn't showing those ( I only subscribe to ESPN+ during the men's and women's WS)?

They were not showing it during the 16U finals that I watched.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors