PGF 14u nationals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
The game has been recorded and Iam watching it now. With all due respect to the teams and players, I have to say that Iam not that impressed with the pitching. The commentators keep talking how these are the best in the nation. My dd pitches just as well if not better then these girls. I have come to the decision that it is not about talent, but where you live and the money, the parents are willing to spend, to get their DDs on these teams. I have seen many posters put videos of their DDs on here that look just as good or better. So I look at this way many girls in the nation can make it, keep working hard and don't let anybody tell you that you can't make it.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
I have to disagree somewhat. Watching games on TV does not really represent the same as being there. Watching a MLB game on TV and seeing a 98 MPH fastball is way different than being in the box seats and seeing it scream in. Can you find just as good talent other than the big name teams? Sure. Those kids that make these teams are pretty darn good though.

Apr 6, 2012
You have to remember that these pitchers are pitching against some of the best 14U hitters in the country. It's all relative. If you have played any of these teams, you'll know how good they are.

Jul 17, 2008
Southern California
Solid Hitting all the way through the line up and solid Defense makes the difference.
Any pitcher with decent speed, ability to hit spots and movement will be successful on one of these top level teams.
They have their pick of the litter when it come to hitting and defense.

Jul 26, 2010
Also keep in mind the number of games that they played to get to that point. DD's team made #2 at Western Nationals, playing 5 games straight (with no break) out of the looser bracket. Do you think they had their best, or even their second best pitcher pitching in the final?

-W

Jan 25, 2011
Could you link just one that you've seen that was better.
Oh that's just wrong, so you are saying none of the girls, that have been on here are any good At least I never said those pitchers we're bad. What do you have against these girls?

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
Oh that's just wrong, so you are saying none of the girls, that have been on here are any good At least I never said those pitchers we're bad. What do you have against these girls?

nanotech14

BrianMonk is just calling you on your post. Didn't appear to me he has anything against any girls. You are the one to infer that the championship teams were overrated and we who play in California buy our way into championships and scholarships.

Jan 25, 2011
nanotech14

BrianMonk is just calling you on your post. Didn't appear to me he has anything against any girls. You are the one to infer that the championship teams were overrated and we who play in California buy our way into championships and scholarships.
Wow, that's not what I said about California at all, besides the team from Atlanta won.:p So I guess the team from California, must of ran out of money:eek:but I have to ask,do you guys buy your way into championships and scholarships ;)Besides Iam giving Bryan monk a hard time a little:D

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Really the only reason I brought it up about the teams, was that there are tons of girls and teams out there that are just as good or better. But they don't get the same exposer as some, so don't give up on the lesser known teams and girls. They have just as much talent, no matter what state they are from.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06