"Peel the heel"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Eliminate any rearward movement. Head should be still during knee lift. If it goes back you are back then forward yet back. Try to only achieve forward yet back. I think the gather/negative move is a result of the knee lift and must be limited if possible.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
" I imagine if you toed in a little bit, would help load against it. "

This has made a nice difference with my DD. It's the easiest adjustment ever made and makes an instant improvement. It also stop the over counter rotation of the shoulders and helps keeps both eyes on the ball.
You don't have to tell her all that. Just say, "lets try pointing your back foot more toward first base and see how that feels."

Jun 8, 2016
" I imagine if you toed in a little bit, would help load against it. "

This has made a nice difference with my DD. It's the easiest adjustment ever made and makes an instant improvement. It also stop the over counter rotation of the shoulders and helps keeps both eyes on the ball.
You don't have to tell her all that. Just say, "lets try pointing your back foot more toward first base and see how that feels."
Reminded her again tonight and she was better about it. No noticeable effect on Gumby's movement.

Jun 8, 2016
I think the gather/negative move is a result of the knee lift and must be limited if possible.
Yes sir!! ;) I've been trying to get her to just pick it up and move out but it is apparently a hard habit to break.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06