"Peel the heel"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016

Craig Hyatt was talking about this in a twitter thread the other day:

Any thoughts on this as a first move (and the thought that being able to do so means your setup is proper) and possible benefits in terms of moving out properly?

Jun 5, 2019
Patter,

Was he talking about the front heel? I always thought of peeling the heel as the torso pulling the back heel off the ground opposed to driving with the leg.

Jun 8, 2016
Sway (or should I say bigger, both Betts and Trout have a small bit of sway it seems) then peel:

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019
Sway (or should I say bigger, both Betts and Trout have a small bit of sway it seems) then peel:

Looks like 2 moves to me as well. You can see the gather in the Mookie swing but it looks more like the result of getting the front leg up and maintaining posture. HIs mid section moves back slightly.

Jun 8, 2016
Betts and Trout look like they are just letting gravity do the work while moving out while Yelich appears to be using his backside more to move out perhaps because of the position he gets in at the top of leg kick and the corresponding movement that led up to that position.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Betts and Trout look like they are just letting gravity do the work while moving out while Yelich appears to be using his backside more to move out perhaps because of the position he gets in at the top of leg kick.
exactly, at the top of the leg kick he is posted more on top of the rear leg, which forces him to compensate to move forward.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23