"Peel the heel"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 5, 2019
Betts and Trout look like they are just letting gravity do the work while moving out while Yelich appears to be using his backside more to move out perhaps because of the position he gets in at the top of leg kick.

Until last year, he compensated pretty well :LOL:
Slightly different angles:

View attachment 21000
View attachment 21001

No compensation from Marcela.. :LOL:

The angles are different and the sequence is different to. Her hands are loaded Yelich doesn't get them loaded until the foot touches the ground the moment before launch. Notice the downhill shoulders at landing vs uphill.

Jun 8, 2016
The angles are different and the sequence is different to. Her hands are loaded Yelich doesn't get them loaded until the foot touches the ground the moment before launch. Notice the downhill shoulders at landing vs uphill.
Yeah the angle of the shoulders at toe touch is because of how she moves out and yes her sequence is worse..lol. I could go on if you want me to :LOL:

Oct 2, 2017
InkedCapture3_LI.jpg
Until last year, he compensated pretty well :LOL:
Slightly different angles:

View attachment 21000
View attachment 21001

No compensation from Marcela.. :LOL:
Trout and mookie, both imo have a negative move into/against the rear leg. Yelich is more ontop and then try's somewhat FBC.

With Marcella it seems that she doesn't post or have a negative move against the rear leg. Thats why she has the angle of the rear leg that she has in her negative move. Could also just be due to the rear foot being toed out. I imagine if you toed in a little bit, would help load against it. Of course you probably aren't asking for advice, and I'm probably talking out my rear end LOL

Jun 8, 2016
View attachment 21003
Trout and mookie, both imo have a negative move into/against the rear leg. Yelich is more ontop and then try's somewhat FBC.

With Marcella it seems that she doesn't post or have a negative move against the rear leg. Thats why she has the angle of the rear leg that she has in her negative move. Could also just be due to the rear foot being toed out. I imagine if you toed in a little bit, would help load against it. Of course you probably aren't asking for advice, and I'm probably talking out my rear end LOL
I've mentioned that with her rear foot setup..it always creeps back. I stopped mentioning it..I don't mind the advice. I'll file it away and apply it to my grandkids. Step backs might be useful for getting them to feel being against the rear leg.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man
You don't need to 'peel the (front) heel', per se.

You must not end up with your front hip higher than the back, as you coil inward to toe touch.

You can do this with peel the heel, or not. You could probably peel the heel and do it the wrong by making your front hip continue to go up.

And of course the rear heel is always planted as long as you can hold it

Oct 2, 2017
I've mentioned that with her rear foot setup..it always creeps back. I stopped mentioning it..I don't mind the advice. I'll file it away and apply it to my grandkids. Step backs might be useful for getting them to feel being against the rear leg.

In all honesty, I think Marcella looks great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06