"Peel the heel"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I think you need to learn how to always be working forward. You go back and the opposite but equal action is forward.

yes! how it’s done can be a dumpster fire. If the wrong muscles/body parts are used then ‘early this’ and ‘flailing that’ most likely happen.

‘forward yet back’ or dynamic the entire sequence is best imo. Can’t do that off the rear leg imo.

Reactions: TDS
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Looks to me like there is a good amount of movement "back" before any sort of coil around the rear leg/back hip occurs (right around when he initiates the leg lift).

The key is he is not swaying as the real coil takes place. The back leg/hip stabilizes stopping all sway.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The leg is getting loaded with that movement...no way it cannot with the foot planted in the ground. Whether that is actually a teach is a different story.

The leg is getting loaded with that movement...no way it cannot with the foot planted in the ground. Whether that is actually a teach is a different story.

i guess. The glute and hammies are being loaded. But that’s not the end goal. It’s to tighten the ‘X’ in the torso for rotation on top of the lower body.

Reactions: TDS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee