Pauley vs Tincher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2019
haha are saying saying Barnhill uses BI? Now this is going to be good...................

talk about looking like a fool
So you can't read either? You used the least most "model" pitcher as your example. Really?

and you are asking if Barnhill uses BI? Are you freaking kidding me? Thinking you should watch some softball before you post here. I will help you with this one. The answer is NO but you probably don't know why.

Look in the mirror. You will see a fool!

Nov 25, 2012
USA
We interrupt this argument for a real quick reality check:

There will always be exceptions the prove the rule for either side of this "discussion". I'm not trying to defend texasheat, I'm sure they are more than capable of doing that themselves. HOWEVER.... someone had stated earlier that pitchers cannot have control or movement (I don't remember what was exactly said) without this "BI" technique. So, texas listed examples of pitchers that have that without. Somehow that got twisted into saying he's saying nobody has brush. I don't think that's his argument. Nor do I think he's arguing that the majority don't have this similar technique. His post seemed (to me) to be a counter that it's not impossible. However, I could be way off on that, I'm only saying that's what I picked up. I didn't take the post to be advocating against it or saying "BI" is bad.

And now, back to our program....
Always love a @Hillhouse post! Bill, I don't think anyone said that he said nobody has brush. Went back and looked and simply not there so not sure what you mean by that.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Does anyone know what the difference is in what they teach? They both teach IR but what are the differences in philosophy?
@slowcelica My apologies as sometimes these threads go into directions we wish they wouldn't. Back in the day they stayed more or track but now everyone seems to have an opinion and wants to make a statement that they can't back up.

With that said, I can't answer your question but I can tell you that Rick Pauley is a solid pitching coach. He used to post here frequently but likely got tired of the things similar to what was posted earlier in this thread and doesn't come around much anymore. Unfortunately, many of the originals with much of the wisdom don't come around anymore due to what I just mentioned.

I don't know Tincher but have heard he is a good guy and his daughter was really good. You can catch some of his vids on youtube and if you watch closely enough get an idea of what he focuses on. Both appear to be solid and likely can't go wrong but having communicated with Rick over the years I would have to steer you in that direction as that is what I know.

Best of luck and my apologies others took this off track.

S3

Mar 28, 2014
We interrupt this argument for a real quick reality check:

There will always be exceptions the prove the rule for either side of this "discussion". I'm not trying to defend texasheat, I'm sure they are more than capable of doing that themselves. HOWEVER.... someone had stated earlier that pitchers cannot have control or movement (I don't remember what was exactly said) without this "BI" technique. So, texas listed examples of pitchers that have that without. Somehow that got twisted into saying he's saying nobody has brush. I don't think that's his argument. Nor do I think he's arguing that the majority don't have this similar technique. His post seemed (to me) to be a counter that it's not impossible. However, I could be way off on that, I'm only saying that's what I picked up. I didn't take the post to be advocating against it or saying "BI" is bad.

And now, back to our program....
Yes thank you Hillhouse. You are spot on. Nice to know a few folks here are able to comprehend the english language.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
Lol!!!! Your comments to me are as if you think that is what I said.
Not even close......but your lack attention to detail is amazing to me. I have only quoted you and your exact words yet you make assumptions you can't back up. It is all above in this thread so feel free to prove me wrong. You stated it unfortunately and I am only calling out the truth.

1. You read what you want to hear and not what is stated
2. You clearly can't answer simple questions. Still haven't answered 2 simple YES or No questions
3. Re-read points 1 and 2 and read them again as it is clear it takes ahwile for you to process.

I will quote you if it helps.....

*parroted on here ad nauseum and it is simply isn't true. Does it help? Who knows."

Who knows? You clearly don't and won't respect the people that says it does that have posted here for years.

Many, many, many posts on it and many says it does help. Never said it was impossible without but many have stated it DOES.

But you say and I will quote again... " who knows". Many people know it does and that kind of statement basically says they don't know what they are talking about but yet you do. I'll take the masses on this one and again.........as I have said......happy to play a game with you to prove my point.

My pick was Abbott, my next pick is Ueno, and I will go ahead and share my 3rd pick....... Osterman.

Afraid to lose? Obvioulsy as you can't simply answer my simple questions.........

S3

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2012
USA

Going back to your question these vids are a tiny slice of my evidence you asked for. Pretty sure they have an idea of how to pitch.

To the OP and again, sorry that those that know much more than anyone else here are creating conflicting thoughts for you as you are trying to get help.....brush is a good thing. The best of the best will tell you that.

Best of luck and sorry that the new and renamed OILF is trying to prove different.

Go get em!

S3

Nov 25, 2012
USA

@slowcelica Again, my apologies as you came here for help and the thread was somewhat highjacked by those who don't neccesarily agree with the basic concepts of this site. Here is ANOTHER good video of the importance of brush by one of the best in the world.

I hope it helps you and best of luck. Always reach out when you have questions as many (or at least most) are willing to help.

S3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG