Pauley vs Tincher

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2014
Do you think most pitchers who don't have brush are more accurate than those that do?

It is a simple YES or NO question.

Second, question, is comparing baseball pitchers to softball pitchers really going to help any moms, dads, coaches or whoever that comes to this site to learn?

Again, it is a simple YES or NO question.

I will save you the response. The answer is NO to both!

S3
do you have evidence to back up your statement? Or is just stating it as fact enough times going to speak it into existence?

Mar 28, 2014
It is a nitpick, but I would say the upper arm is stabilization, while the lower forearm "wrapping around" the hip/thigh is brush interference.

Both girls do have great arm stabilization and both lack brush interference, or brush assisted whip. Just my observation.
there is no wrapping around the hip by either of those pitchers when you watch the clips in slo mo. The still shot may make you think it exists but it doesn't

Mar 28, 2014
Yeah. "both lack brush interference" kind of said that.
ok sorry I mis-interpreted your statement -- "while the lower forearm "wrapping around" the hip/thigh is brush interference."

You were defining the term "Brush interference" for "4 Girls dad" while i mistakenly thought you were describing the pitcher's delivery.

My apologies.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
do you have evidence to back up your statement? Or is just stating it as fact enough times going to speak it into existence?
So you answer a question with a question? Here is a "crazy" idea. Turn on the TV and watch some softball. I will guarantee you see more pitchers with brush than don't.

Or we can play a game. I will name a pitcher that brushes and you can name one that doesn't. We can go back and forth and at the end you will have your EVIDENCE that it sounds like you so very much need to show you that you are wrong.

You started with Barnhill. Just an overwhelming great pick. I will take Abbott. And to help you out, I will give you my next pick, Ueno and believe me just getting started.

And since you know it all it sounds like, I will include @Rick Pauly @BoardMember to name just a couple as they clearly don't know what the hell they are talking about. So much wisdom posted here over the years and yet we have a yahoo that now all of a sudden knows it all.

S3

Aug 1, 2019
LOL! When that dude used Barnhill as an example I knew he didn't know what he was talking about @STRIKE3 . Completely agree, many more use brush than those that don't. But there are horrible pitching coaches on every corner!

But @STRIKE3 can you please enlighten me on how Ueno or Abbott ( your examples ) pitch with brush when baseball pitchers don't??? LOL

Mar 28, 2014
So you answer a question with a question? Here is a "crazy" idea. Turn on the TV and watch some softball. I will guarantee you see more pitchers with brush than don't.

Or we can play a game. I will name a pitcher that brushes and you can name one that doesn't. We can go back and forth and at the end you will have your EVIDENCE that it sounds like you so very much need to show you that you are wrong.

You started with Barnhill. Just an overwhelming great pick. I will take Abbott. And to help you out, I will give you my next pick, Ueno and believe me just getting started.

And since you know it all it sounds like, I will include @Rick Pauly @BoardMember to name just a couple as they clearly don't know what the hell they are talking about. So much wisdom posted here over the years and yet we have a yahoo that now all of a sudden knows it all.

S3
You have completely misunderstood my post but keep drinking the koolaid brother. I don't care. But whatever you do just chill out. I simply responded to a guy that said it is IMPOSSIBLE to have good control without BI and I disputed that statement with evidence.

Show me where i said it is bad or not necessary or anything else? I simply see this myth of "BI is 100% necessary if you want to have good control" parroted on here ad nauseum and it is simply isn't true. Does it help? Who knows. Barnhill would tell you no. Rick would tell you yes. Both of them are using anecdotal evidence so who is to say who is right or wrong.

Mar 28, 2014
LOL! When that dude used Barnhill as an example I knew he didn't know what he was talking about @STRIKE3 . Completely agree, many more use brush than those that don't. But there are horrible pitching coaches on every corner!

But @STRIKE3 can you please enlighten me on how Ueno or Abbott ( your examples ) pitch with brush when baseball pitchers don't??? LOL
haha are saying saying Barnhill uses BI? Now this is going to be good...................

talk about looking like a fool

Aug 21, 2008
We interrupt this argument for a real quick reality check:

There will always be exceptions the prove the rule for either side of this "discussion". I'm not trying to defend texasheat, I'm sure they are more than capable of doing that themselves. HOWEVER.... someone had stated earlier that pitchers cannot have control or movement (I don't remember what was exactly said) without this "BI" technique. So, texas listed examples of pitchers that have that without. Somehow that got twisted into saying he's saying nobody has brush. I don't think that's his argument. Nor do I think he's arguing that the majority don't have this similar technique. His post seemed (to me) to be a counter that it's not impossible. However, I could be way off on that, I'm only saying that's what I picked up. I didn't take the post to be advocating against it or saying "BI" is bad.

And now, back to our program....

Nov 25, 2012
USA
You have completely misunderstood my post but keep drinking the koolaid brother. I don't care. But whatever you do just chill out. I simply responded to a guy that said it is IMPOSSIBLE to have good control without BI and I disputed that statement with evidence.

Show me where i said it is bad or not necessary or anything else? I simply see this myth of "BI is 100% necessary if you want to have good control" parroted on here ad nauseum and it is simply isn't true. Does it help? Who knows. Barnhill would tell you no. Rick would tell you yes. Both of them are using anecdotal evidence so who is to say who is right or wrong.
Chill out LOL. You don't want to get me started I can assure you.

But you can't seem to answer my simple questions........Interesting...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06