Pitchers Arm Care and Weekly Habits

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 2, 2024
Once your pitcher is in full swing (Any pitcher 12+) what is your weekly routine and arm care regiment?

What does your pitcher during the week leading up to tournament or game? Do they go full pitching practice 2 days before and light the day before a game?

What do they do to care for their arm right after game?

What do they do the day after a game? Light practice? Full?

Trying to setup some sort of plan for a group of pitchers to make sure they are both prepared and rested, but taking care of themselves and doing what is best for long term. Any tips/hints/routines would be greatly appreciated

Oct 9, 2018
Texas
Are you looking for high school or travel ball? or put another way many games through the week vs Weekend games exclusive?

Feb 2, 2024
Are you looking for high school or travel ball? or put another way many games through the week vs Weekend games exclusive?
A mix of both, our girls will be starting out in HS Ball this spring, and than when season is done transitioning to Travel Ball with League Games and Weekend Trounaments

May 18, 2019
A mix of both, our girls will be starting out in HS Ball this spring, and than when season is done transitioning to Travel Ball with League Games and Weekend Trounaments
My number one advice is to slowly ramp but hit peak volume before the first tournament or the season. Injuries happen early in the season and late. My DD never throws high volume before a game and if she's sore after a tournament it's one or usually two days fully off. It's just like strength training but don't under do rest. I've seen mixed info about ice

May 18, 2019
My number one advice is to slowly ramp but hit peak volume before the first tournament or the season. Injuries happen early in the season and late. My DD never throws high volume before a game and if she's sore after a tournament it's one or usually two days fully off. It's just like strength training but don't under do rest. I've seen mixed info about ice
Also soreness is often an indication of a technical flaw or inappropriate volume...every time a pitcher is sore it means there are micro tears that accumulate over time. Except for rare situations these shouldn't be pushed through or a constant phenomenon. if a coach is pushing that hard, time for a new coach and I had mine on pitch counts until 14U. It wasn't popular but my duty was to my kid over the now meaningless (with perspective) plastic trophy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles