Other activities?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I am jealous. My girls have zero interest in guns or hunting. Of my oldest girls one is a vet tech and the other wants to be a veterinarian and both think hunting is mean. My younger two girls love to fish but neither will bait a hook or take the fish off so when they are biting I don't get to fish much.

Otherwise, we have year-round softball, dance/tumbling, and volleyball to deal with.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2013
Lol, you should be jealous! So much fun, I took mine noodling and deer hunting archery. She about lost it when I went to skinning it but we were in a blind at ground level and had a doe not 10 yards from us. Pretty cool. Got her a .22 for her birthday and 30 rd clip. Pretty hard to convince her on the noodling. Side note, when a person screams underwater, you can definitely hear it!

Jun 29, 2013
Gymnastics and soccer for the little one, girl scouts and academic stuff for the older. The older is a really good writer. (yep, shameless Dad praise!)

Dec 7, 2011
She used to think she could keep doing pitching/softball/volleyball/basketball/soccer/dance. When she got into HS she found that to be the best she can be in SB (pitching & the regular game - YES they are two separate sports requiring two separate training investments) she has whittled it down to pitching/softball/volleyball.

It was tough for her to quit BB but it just ate too much into the start of the pitching season (which overlaps with BB)

Local soccer & basketball girls are thrilled she is gone from their sports as she was getting known as the "way too physical 'own-ya' type" :)

After she signs later this year I will finally "let" her come out paintballing with my two boys & I and our friends... (She wants to really bad but we both agreed to this point it would not be good to commit to a team and risk injury with paintballing mid-season - somebody always comes up lame from paintballing - not from the paintballs but from acting out yer favorite Call Of Duty jump in real life - real life hurts.... :))

Jun 24, 2013
3 DD's. All do softball, volleyball and basketball. All have their own rifles. the 2 oldest ones have 20 ga and the youngest one (8) has a combo .410/22. They like to hunt and fish also and DW is into the hunting more than I am, DW also loves to fish. Guess I am lucky?
LOL.

Jun 11, 2012
DD is signed up for rec soccer. Will she play at all or even make a practice, well that remains to be seen. She has softball Wed nights and then another practice over the weekend but we don't know when yet, trying to work out field time outdoors. If softball is Saturdays then she won't play soccer but it was dirt cheap to sign her up with her little brother so I did.
Otherwise softball pretty much takes over.

Jun 24, 2013
Could change next week but DD seemed to settle into VB, dance and SB. For some reason SB is the only sport she will tryout for.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
DD only plays SB as a team sport. Will play all sports as part of gym or for weekend fun but is 100% SB. DD however does a few after school clubs like robotics and such. Blessed with her mothers brain and the mail man's athletics??? (SARCASM FONT)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
GDD is in 3's pre-school :) and took a Polliwog swimming class for 6 weeks. We bike, kick a soccer ball, and I have introduced street hockey. My goal is to keep her from ever being a Justin Bieber fan.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
DD only plays SB as a team sport. Will play all sports as part of gym or for weekend fun but is 100% SB. DD however does a few after school clubs like robotics and such. Blessed with her mothers brain and the mail man's athletics??? (SARCASM FONT)

both girls are in girl scouts and run a company (with two friends) that sells lip balm and custom beaded bracelets. Other hobbies include sibling discord, room cleanup avoidance and making their father grateful every day for having them as daughters. Luckily we have a mailwoman. DW thinks the propane guy is cute though so....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad