Other activities?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
GDD is in 3's pre-school :) and took a Polliwog swimming class for 6 weeks. We bike, kick a soccer ball, and I have introduced street hockey. My goal is to keep her from ever being a Justin Bieber fan.

The Beib is soooo last year....it is all ONE DIRECTION now....just had daughter describe their video over breakfast....after she was done I asked her if I did a good job pretending to listen...

Jun 24, 2013
Sorry, I short changed my DD a little bit.

I do not know if school is an activity but she is in all honors courses and puts a lot of effort into it.

Jan 24, 2013
Bolingbrook, IL
I have a softball player who also bowls and plays basketball. Trying out for middle school basketball next week before softball is even over. Coach says it's ok. They have a lot of players who do both. Then it's on to rec basketball for the winter. Got to keep her moving.

Jun 11, 2013
DD does school plays and is in Honor choir. Likes computers and for some reason can type almost 90 WPM. Also very good at rolling her eyes at Dear old Dad.

Jun 24, 2013
You have 2 choir programs? They do not let our family sing happy birthday anymore because all the pets run to the woods.

I like the attention, after performing SB pitching is a lot easier. It does help DD with SB, just not the physical part.

Apr 21, 2011
OH - IO!
13 year old going on 17, a straight A student who plays volleyball, basketball and softball as well as performs in summer theatre which is perfect for her as she is such a drama queen and a total pain in the behind, but I wouldn't trade her for anyone.

Jun 11, 2013
We have a bunch of choirs for the girls. For some reason our school is huge on music and had a good theater program. I don't know where DD learned to sing because I am brutal. Used to play piano, but gave up :(.

Dec 28, 2011
Softball keeps this family pretty busy between practices, tourneys, and private pitching/hitting lessons- dd has always been a bit of a loner, so her "down" time is often spent reading. Has had a book in her hands since she was 5. Love to write also. Honors classes at school keep her busy too, as she is very meticulous with details and works very hard. She will run track for her middle school in the spring, as she feels the training will be good for her softball skills as well. I don't know how families handle multiple sports, and multiple kids with their activities! Enjoy it all - we will probably be very bored and sad when its all over!

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I couldn't imagine adding more to DD's schedule! Softball through and through. She is in choir this year (she's a freshman) and has already started thinking about dropping choir next year. Right now, she has: Mon-pitching lesson; Tuesday-hitting/pitching; Wednesday-team practice; Thursday-hitting/pitching...Fri-Sat- free if no tournament; Sun-team practice. Starting 9/16, she will be playing in double headers on Monday nights for the highschool softball team...for four weeks (thank goodness). Then we've got her two younger brothers-one plays football for middle school and the other is in karate 2-3x/week. -_- Don't think they will have time to mess up their rooms with the exception of dirty clothes.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
DS gave up BB early, nearly broke my heart. He's close to black belt in ju-jitsu and out side of that is an uber nerd who who wants nothing to do with sports. He is #2 in his HS class though so he's got that going for him.

DD1 is a rec only SB player. She likes being out there and enjoys practicing with me but never really wanted to put in the work required for travel ball. Other than ju-jitsu as well is pretty much a non-sports girl. Again straight A student as tied for #1 in class after freshman year so we're banking on the academic route.

DD2 has a real SB future we think. Karate (though her best friend dropped out so this may go by the way side), basketball and ju-jitsu are her other sports.

All 3 enjoy swimming too but not competitively.

Frankly I find keeping on top of school work the most challenging. Good thing DW is excellent at that part of things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06