Other activities?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Older DD played basketball, participated in SADD, Spanish club, yearbook, and debate. Younger DD now does drama (2 plays a school year), choir, band (marching, pep, and concert), and SADD. DH and I really want our kids to be involved (as much as THEY want to be) in school activities. They have made a lot of friends that way that they might never have met!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
On top of her travel ball. My DD is starting her Junior year in HS. She is on the HS Volleyball, Basketball and Softball teams. She is first chair Alto Sax in the Wind Ensemble, and in the Marching Band. She is a member of NHS and Student Government. In her free time she is my marketing assistant for my real estate business. Which is to say she is rarely my marketing assistant.

DD plays Junior Olympic volleyball in the winter. If she had to choose between VB and SB I think she would choose volleyball. :( She just start started her freshman year of HS,is in the marching band,and plays on the JV volleyball team. This week DD's volleyball team beat their biggest cross county rival. All 11 of her travel ball teammates attend the rival school and 4 of them play on the rival's JV volleyball team:cool:

Jun 1, 2013
DD plays Junior Olympic volleyball in the winter. If she had to choose between VB and SB I think she would choose volleyball. :( She just start started her freshman year of HS,is in the marching band,and plays on the JV volleyball team. This week DD's volleyball team beat their biggest cross county rival. All 11 of her travel ball teammates attend the rival school and 4 of them play on the rival's JV volleyball team:cool:

That was a sweet victory. She will always remember it.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I know this is not the appropriate forum but what does straight As mean, DD does not have them. An supposedly A 4.0 and she has a 4.8, there are a few kids ahead of her with 4.9 and 5.0. If an A+ is a 4.0 how does a kid get a 5?

I have lost track of our school system.

I think DD has figured out the infield fly rule so there!
some schools use a different scale while others award bonus points for the more challenging classes. So that an A in AP physics is worth more the A in jazz band

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
DD has her travel ball year round with short breaks thrown in, rec basketball and soccer then throw in her bike riding and swimming. I'm a little surprised after going through all the posts that there aren't more girls playing lacrosse and soccer. A ton of girls playing soccer around here.
In MI soccer and softball play at the same season my dd did both through 7 th grade but its impossible at our hs to play both
Plus if you think TB coaches are tough a travel soccer coach wants to play games 11 months of the year and will not allow the kids to play other sports. At least that was our experience with our son and our nephew

May 8, 2012
NJ
Feel like odd man out..DD does fall rec just to continie to get some reps, but fall is our field hockey season

May 7, 2008
Morris County, NJ
My DD is starting her Junior year in HS. She is on the HS Varsity Field Hockey and Softball teams. In addition to club softball she also plays club field hockey, so we juggle schedules as she is a viable collegiate recruit in both sports.

DD's school does not weight GPA, assign A+'s and is known for grade deflation. an 89.7 in some schools would be rounded up to a 90, which equals an A-. DD's rounds down to 89 which equals a B+, big difference when calculating a 4 year GPA (hers is 3.6).

ACT/SAT scores will tel us where she'll best fit in college, thoughshe's leaning toward the academic D III, Patriot League or (stretching it) an Ivy.

Oh, in her spare time she rides her horse.....if you think softball is expensive try competitve equestrian sports where your "team mate" can cost as much as a really nice home (not DD's luckily).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse