An idea for site admins to ponder (or reject immediately)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2022
I was just making a dumb comment in another thread, mostly jokingly asking that the OP start a vlog here to chronicle their TT merger and the possible roadblocks that many of the replying members are warning about. Sounds like just about everything from playing time/position conflicts to swinger activity amongst the parents is a possibility...lol

But that got me to thinking (which my wife says is never a good thing)....why not have ongoing threads where members who are involved as coaches, parents, organizers, etc, chronicle their day to day activities. I would find it interesting reading about their travel or school teams' game experiences, practices, getting new players, assessing players and interacting with them, inter-personal stuff, how they raise funds and any interesting situations. Plus anecdotes about "travel parents" and other entertaining challenges the members here face. Maybe post about the challenges new coaches face. I could have written a book about that a few years ago.

Just basically a vlog about running their team, but in more of a journal format where readers get to see into how the OP's do things. We get threads of "this happened" or "how do we do this?" and other pieces of the experience, but not the big picture. I think we all have unique challenges and adventures amidst running teams.

Jun 8, 2016
I don't think there is anything stopping anybody from doing that now other than most people like to remain anonymous and with that much information being put out there it probably wouldn't too hard to figure out who somebody is..

Jan 25, 2022
I don't think there is anything stopping anybody from doing that now other than most people like to remain anonymous and with that much information being put out there it probably wouldn't too hard to figure out who somebody is..
That's always on my mind here. Probably someone I know lurking around so I try not to state my true feelings all the time..lol. I still think the day to day would be interesting, or things like the interesting personalities, both good AND annoying types. Stuff like that.

Jun 8, 2016
That's always on my mind here. Probably someone I know lurking around so I try not to state my true feelings all the time..lol.
Yeah..I've gotten reprimanded by "some powers that be" for a few things I have said on here...oh well :ROFLMAO:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I agree and there is no way anyone could figure out who you are.

We have had threads very close to this on this site.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
All in fun 😁 my jest

'The Diary of a softball Team Season.'
Written by the coaches and all the parents on said team who will chime in. Probably to protect the children they will have to have fake names. Adults involved will be like reality TV on the Forum.

DFP posters will like or grumpy face the sequence of events as needed. 🥳

Ohhh wait... it's already like that LOL

On the serious side it would be kind of neat to be able to follow a team and see how things worked out by the end of the season. in a way think people do that we just don't get every chronological event.

May 29, 2015
Don’t know about all that … but I had considered (but never did it) asking the powers that be if they would sanction a Discuss Fastpitch podcast.

Feb 24, 2022
A couple of softball dads I know always joke that there should be a reality show about travel softball families. Not sure if it would get more girls interested in the game or scare them off (ok, we all know it's the later).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00