College players using Xeno over Meta and LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
For the last 5 yrs DD has hit Xeno's and LXT's. She prefers Xeno and seems to have the most success with it.

Once Xeno was removed from shelves she tried Meta and went through 3 of them in 1 season.

It's the barrel washer that sits between 2 plastic pieces that comes loose after a few weeks and rattles around. A poor design mid barrel. Exit velo is less once the washer breaks loose but the Meta feel and feedback is comparable to LXT.

Needless to say, she's headed back to LXT off the shelf and maybe a "direct order" Xeno. IMO removing the Xeno from store shelves was a mistake.

Writing this in hopes the Sales crew at LS see it and push to get the Xeno back in mainstream production and back in distribution.
That was a one year pull for LS. We carry the Xeno in store and have all sizes available.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
They have been trying to get rid of the Xeno forever. Even trying to just make it a website only purchase.

Its their lower priced bat, thats the issue. But the other problem is, every higher priced bat they come out with, doesnt
seem to get the spikes in the dirt to be financially possible to eliminate the lower priced Xeno.

So, the Xeno has been sticking around

Dec 22, 2022
Did the Zeno production also get moved to the PRC? The META (and the Easton Ghost for that matter) are manufactured there, and there are clearly some production control issues with those, based on failure rates that I’ve heard from retailers as well as previous posts here.

Jun 8, 2016
Did the Zeno production also get moved to the PRC? The META (and the Easton Ghost for that matter) are manufactured there, and there are clearly some production control issues with those, based on failure rates that I’ve heard from retailers as well as previous posts here.
DD's 2022 Xeno has Made in China stamped on it if I remember correctly.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
LS was
all LS bats have been made in China for a long time

Its not like they are gonna make 2 models there, and one model here :)

A cracked bat, a lot of times isnt a failure. Bats are made to perform, so you give up durabilty. You want a tank,
go buy a Mako. And i guarantee you buy a newer bat after that...haha. You do realize the violent movement
a bat goes thru when you hit a ball? Composite is an amazing material. Bats come off an assembly line,
it is what it is.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2022
Interesting. Anecdotally, based on my own family experience, we’ve been hitting Easton and Miken composite bats, both fastpitch and slow pitch for upwards of 20 years, and never had one crack or otherwise fail internally until this META. I buy new bats owing to my old bats going dead. Just seams odd to me that over the last 5 years or so, I’m hearing more reports of new bats not even making it through a season before they fail. Would be interesting to see actual data to confirm or disprove that, if it’s out there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles