College players using Xeno over Meta and LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Her room mate does have a dachshund. Unfortunately I don’t think it was him!

I threw a tennis grip back on it, she has been liking those for awhile now.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I just saw your post!

It IS and I didn’t notice it!!!

Do they sometimes do that for lefty’s??? This bat might have some history in it!!!
Most lefties will change the grip with an aftermarket grip to the opposite of what comes from the factory.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
It makes sense! I’ll have to see if dd knows who swung it before.

I re-gripped it for a boring old righty!
I always had to re-grip my bats, so that's why I knew. That's probably why it ripped so much. You're pulling in the opposite direction of how the adhesive is supposed to be.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I just saw your post!

It IS and I didn’t notice it!!!

Do they sometimes do that for lefty’s??? This bat might have some history in it!!!
Its not how the glue is laid out, its a glue strip put on the grip...doesnt change ever.

BUT, the problem with lefties is they usually twist their hands the opposite direction that righties do. So lots of times the way the grip
is wound on the bat is to move with a righty grip, not lefty. So if you swap the way you wind it, you may have better durability.
Some people dont believe it, but I do think grips are put on for righty hands.
Also, some batters are just hard on grips as well. I use regular thin athletic tape for grip so I can just put new tape on
for cheap...roll costs me like 3 bucks, I can do tons of grips.

Dont worry about it, lefties are a strange hitting breed...you will never figure them out :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12