Notable changes over 20-minutes.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Ok you are talking about stride? And you don't think there is resistance during that move forward? I really don't care if a hitter strides or no strides as long as launch is barrel movement around the hands.

You talked about pull backs right? Pull backs are casting agents. These guys try to keep the hands loose and free so they can be loaded during the forward move. The resistance is against the negative move. The hand set you see is from this resistance. Not pulling anything back.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
You haven’t read any of my posts... but here ya go. The pros stay on top of the ball. So the loop to the ball is as minor as possible(direct) So ‘behind’ won’t cut it. Bregman- he wants his hands traveling high above his chest and the ball.

The mass supplies the power. The hands are ‘live and independent’. They supply the power for the whip of the barrel. 2 independent engines synced.

The body needs to stay straight when rotating to deliver max speed to the ball efficiently. There isn’t any direction taking place with the body. It’s with hands.

Watch the video AGAIN. Bregman says his load is during his stride. Not a negative move or rearward move. He’s speaking of his core.

What do you mean by "on top of the ball"? What part of the body? If you're talking about the hands staying above the ball, yes, the hands stay above the ball, and barrel is turned in a downward arc to contact.

What do you mean by "the body needs to stay straight when rotating"? Straight how? Straight up and down (vertical)? Which part of the body?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Ok you are talking about stride? And you don't think there is resistance during that move forward? I really don't care if a hitter strides or no strides as long as launch is barrel movement around the hands.

I don’t think there is any resistance during the forward move. I think there are connections into the ground. I also believe there is coil but that wouldn’t be classified as resistance.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
What do you mean by "on top of the ball"? What part of the body? If you're talking about the hands staying above the ball, yes, the hands stay above the ball, and barrel is turned in a downward arc to contact.

What do you mean by "the body needs to stay straight when rotating"? Straight how? Straight up and down (vertical)? Which part of the body?

The body rotates. But they try to not rotate it. Meaning pull off. So rotation on a ‘line’. You get the power from the rotation bottled up into a straight line going towards the field. Funneled if you will.

May 3, 2014
You talked about pull backs right? Pull backs are casting agents. These guys try to keep the hands loose and free so they can be loaded during the forward move. The resistance is against the negative move. The hand set you see is from this resistance. Not pulling anything back.

Casting agents? You are completely guessing.

Jun 8, 2016
My kid used to pull back. Her arms would go out and around due to this.
You do realize that without showing us a video of her pullback during that time saying this doesn't
really prove anything, right? Same with you saying she used to TTB but it caused her to be too slow.
If I told you my DD's rearward barrel turn (yeah,yeah she doesn't really have one but this is just a thought experiment :D ) was a reaction
to her body movement (which was balanced, in sequence, used the ground and had a direct hand path) and that caused her to be too slow
would you just believe me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877