Need Help with Daughters Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
janelle_lindvall_gs_ucla_20150405_4th_front_zps6zamauh8.gif

May 12, 2008
Lindvall's warm-up swings have the same bat path. It's intentional. Not a path I would ever teach.
Yep. This is why I say compare everything anyone says about swinging a bat to LOTS of video of elite hitters.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Yep. This is why I say compare everything anyone says about swinging a bat to LOTS of video of elite hitters.

Lindvall is (IMO) an example that a video-perfect swing is not mandatory for success at the highest levels of D-1 softball. I agree that using the best examples for a template/goal is the best idea, but too often (IMO) I read comments that could lead one to believe that anything less than a video-perfect swing will fail.

Oct 22, 2012
Thomaston,GA
I totally understand that there are exceptions and outliers swings out there but my daughter is hitting pop ups and dribblers using a downward path that is not on the same plane as her shoulders or the incoming pitch.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I totally understand that there are exceptions and outliers swings out there but my daughter is hitting pop ups and dribblers using a downward path that is not on the same plane as her shoulders or the incoming pitch.

Please don't misunderstand my post of Janelle Lindvall. I was not suggesting you use her as a template, or as justification for a downward bat path. I just noticed a similarity between her and your DD. As I said, this is not a bat path I would ever teach.

Oct 22, 2012
Thomaston,GA
Eric, your input is always welcome. I appreciate everyone taking time to help.

Please don't misunderstand my post of Janelle Lindvall. I was not suggesting you use her as a template, or as justification for a downward bat path. I just noticed a similarity between her and your DD. As I said, this is not a bat path I would ever teach.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
tumblr_o1y34jNbJQ1usf292o1_400.gif

Reminds me of Harper(older swings)because of the rear arm usage but, not the barrel path.
HarperSide.gif

DD needs this barrel path:
CCabrera.gif
CPujols.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd