Need Help with Daughters Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2012
Thomaston,GA
My daughter has developed a habit of finishing low. The plane of her swing is really bad right now and its causing her to hit pop ups, weak line drives and choppers. I need advice on how to get her on plane. We have tried a lot of things but nothing is working . Thanks for any input.

Hitter2.jpg

May 24, 2013
So Cal
To expand on FFS' comment...There are a lot of different things that could be happening upstream of this pic that could be contributing to the low finish issue. Without more info (video) of how she got there, it's really difficult to give any meaningful input.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
9703d1454345072-need-help-daughters-swing-hitter2.jpg

The plane of her swing is really bad right now and its causing her to hit pop ups, weak line drives and choppers.

Not that you want to hear a 3rd posters chime in with 'post a video'. I'll just say that looking at the pic your DD is leaving a lot of power on the table and should not be hitting ....
hit pop ups, weak line drives and choppers.[/

May 12, 2008
Do you see the difference between the plane her shoulders are rotating on and the plane the bat is swinging on?

Here's a drill for you. Set up a tee shoulder high and tell her to drive the ball on a level to the ground line. Just for fun practice it first so you can do it easily just to motivate her to beat you. When she can drive the ball on a line, video her swing doing just that and show her the difference between that swing and this swing.

Once she fully understands the difference, begin to lower the tee watching to see if her swing plane starts tilting forward like the swing you posted above. If that happens, go back to shoulder high.

Enjoy the parent daughter time.

Oct 22, 2012
Thomaston,GA
Do you see the difference between the plane her shoulders are rotating on and the plane the bat is swinging on?

Here's a drill for you. Set up a tee shoulder high and tell her to drive the ball on a level to the ground line. Just for fun practice it first so you can do it easily just to motivate her to beat you. When she can drive the ball on a line, video her swing doing just that and show her the difference between that swing and this swing.

Once she fully understands the difference, begin to lower the tee watching to see if her swing plane starts tilting forward like the swing you posted above. If that happens, go back to shoulder high.

Enjoy the parent daughter time.

She does alot of high tee work because of this problem. But I never suggested the plane of the shoulders and bat should be the same because I didnt know. We will work on this and let you know how she is doing. Thanks for you help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd