Moving! Olaf returns home.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Getting transferred back to the Twin Cities, 4 hours from our current home here in South Dakota. It's bittersweet. We want to move back "home," but it will be tough to leave our friends and life here in SoDak. I trust Minnesota has no state taxes just like SD, right? :) Okay, maybe not. If anyone knows of a good travel club in Minnesota, let me... oh wait. DD is already on a MN travel team. Disregard.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Some of those MN travel teams are a bit scary. I remember DD #3 pitched against a MN TB team last summer. As one of the other parents put it, a lot of the 12U girls on the MN travel team looked big enough to drive themselves to the game.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Ahh gosh golly geez O' Pete, noo body's ganna understand ya no more, don cha know.

Jan 3, 2014
Welcome back. Interestingly enough, we're considering making the opposite move. Tough decision since the kids are pretty well rooted in the permafrost here.

Laker

Sep 18, 2011
I know a good MN HS team she can play for :)

Only a handful of people know that we're moving but the high school lobbying/recruiting has kicked into high gear. How did the last conversation go? If I sign a lease by March 10, DD can get added to the high school roster, even if we don't actually live there or pay rent until mid May, and that way DD can play in sectionals and the state tournament.... Holy cow - we're going to have our own Jackie Robinson West story! This is hilarious. She's pretty good but she's not THAT good!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom