Monica Abbott illegal?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Y'all must have watched different games than I did. I saw her foot slide across the rubber but stepping in front of the rubber I didn't see.

Mar 18, 2010
Pennsylvania
Y'all must have watched different games than I did. I saw her foot slide across the rubber but stepping in front of the rubber I didn't see.
I saw the forward "step" as well, and thought for sure she was illegal. Then, after discussing with an NCAA ump and reading Bretman's response, her heel WAS probably still OVER the pitching plate.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
They are ALL illegal. Abbott also didn't pause at all many times when bringing hands together.

I believe that actually having to pause one full second went out at the same time calling it 'The presentation' went out. Now you can 'simulate' bringing the hands together by just touching the ball to the glove as it goes by.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
If you can believe the announcers, in International play, the pitcher must pause for 2 seconds.

Doubt you would see that one enforced by the blues. That would require them to use a stopwatch on the pitcher and then you have the human reaction time factor to pushing the button on the watch, etc, etc,

This forum has seen that discussion before, although it has been awhile.

CT-TEXAS.COM

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
Yes, she was called for it twice in a row. She could't understand English and I wondered at the time, why she didn't have an interpreter.

After the 2nd one, her 3rd baseman translated for her.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma