Pitchers Glove Advice Needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2024
Dealing with a nightmare scenario- My 14yo DD’s A2000 RHP Monica Abbott glove seems to have been lost by the post office on its way back from being re-laced. I will deal with insurance/USPS but for now I need to find a replacement glove for her ASAP. I’d like to replace it with something close to what she had as she was very comfortable with it but also needs to be able to be broken in almost immediately with school tryouts starting imminently. Suggestions both for a similar glove and the quickest possible break in while maintaining integrity of the glove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The problem with an A2000 of Rawlings HOH is the break-in period. You would have to do some serious work to get it even practice ready.

For a quicker break-in period, go with an A1000 or a Liberty Advanced. Personally, much to the chagrin of certain members, I prefer the LA. I won't last as long as an A2000 or a LA, but it's a good, serviceable glove that fits your needs.

If you need good pricing, feel free to PM me.

Feb 14, 2024
Thank you all so much- we had put a trace on the package with USPS and they located it late yesterday in Salt Lake City Utah and it was delivered to our home in PA today! I will certainly keep these suggestions in mind for her next glove (thought hopefully not for a long time and not in a rush!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles