Mizzou pitchers and the mask or no mask question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It annoys me he goes to the NCAA should require ....

Do what you want with your team, let your players do what they want,. Not everything needs to be legislatied.

Somehow it is the NCAA's fault.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2012
Seeing a player get hit in the face has a tendency to change your position on face masks. Especially when you realize there are some precautions that can be taken to protect the players. We seeing masks used more and more by high level players and teams which is helping encourage usage. I don't see them becoming mandatory anytime soon unless a tragedy occurs. (NASCAR and MLB made rule changes after such tragedies). Personally I'm fine with players using them if they choose to use them.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
It annoys me he goes to the NCAA should require ....

Do what you want with your team, let your players do what they want,. Not everything needs to be legislatied.

Somehow it is the NCAA's fault.

Good point. Let's stop requiring batter's helmets and catcher's gear. Just to make sure the ones crazy enough not to use them don't have to.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
So Earleywhine thinks facemasks should be mandated by the NCAA for infileders and pitchers. Yet he does not require the use by his team? Smells like BS to me.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
You missed my point.

DD always wears a mask, I am a fan.

If I am in charge I do not need the organizing to tell me what to do. If you have strong feelings about it, require it. Why does the NCAA need to get involved?

He was shifting blame.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
You missed my point.

DD always wears a mask, I am a fan.

If I am in charge I do not need the organizing to tell me what to do. If you have strong feelings about it, require it. Why does the NCAA need to get involved?

He was shifting blame.

To your point, his actions or lack thereof show his feelings are not that strong about it. This is just lip service. Either he feels that it is in the best interests of his players and acts, or he doesn't. You cannot have it both ways.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
To your point, his actions or lack thereof show his feelings are not that strong about it. This is just lip service. Either he feels that it is in the best interests of his players and acts, or he doesn't. You cannot have it both ways.

Agree with you Riseball. If he really believes in them, take a stand. Require his players to wear them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck