Mendoza on ESPN

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I think she is one of the best softball commentators, if not the best. She is also an excellent ambassador for the game. I hope this baseball gig doesn't interfere with her softball gig!

I would actually leave the volume on during the WCWS if Adam Amin and Amanda Scarborough bumped Mendoza and Smith. FWIW, I've seen Mendoza on ESPN's Baseball tonight several times and she hasn't embarrassed herself and actually earned some street cred when she kicked off her heels before stepping into the on-set batter's box to demonstrate a point.

Jun 24, 2011
I haven't seen Mendoza on baseball, so I can't comment on that. Schilling was absolutely terrible on WCWS.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Mendoza got very positive reviews and was hired through this season. She did great, but is a speaker at a lot of our coaches conferences, so she has a degree and plenty of experience.

Jan 25, 2011
I disagree. He was throwing out the questions so the female announcers would give their answers in detail. He already knew the answers. His dd played softball for years and is going to pitch at a DIII school.
I disagree, he sounded like he never watched a softball game in his life. Come on how many parents that have dds playing TB, that have no clue about hitting or pitching? I have seen and talked to so many, that sounded just like him.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I haven't seen Mendoza on baseball, so I can't comment on that. Schilling was absolutely terrible on WCWS.

Mendoza is actually doing color right now with Aaron Boone for ESPN's Bucs-Cards game. She and Boonie were just marveling at Cutch's swing. Mendoza can't explain (because she doesn't understand) why his back foot comes off the ground. To be fair, not sure if Boone does either as he stayed quiet. Honestly though, I haven't heard any color person give an explanation that would stand up to DFP scrutiny!

Dec 19, 2012
I disagree, he sounded like he never watched a softball game in his life. Come on how many parents that have dds playing TB, that have no clue about hitting or pitching? I have seen and talked to so many, that sounded just like him.

Sorry, but he's not a typical FP parent......he's Curt Schilling, a 20 year veteran of MLB. I still say he was lobbing easy questions so the girls could give explainations to the audience.

Jan 25, 2011
Sorry, but he's not a typical FP parent......he's Curt Schilling, a 20 year veteran of MLB. I still say he was lobbing easy questions so the girls could give explainations to the audience.
I know who he is. I'm a Redsox fan, I watched a few games with him playing. I really hope that is why he sounded like a babbling moron.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I know who he is. I'm a Redsox fan, I watched a few games with him playing. I really hope that is why he sounded like a babbling moron.

Schilling may not be politically correct or the best businessman, but a trusted source has confirmed that his knowledge of the FP game exceeds what was displayed during the WCWS when he was trying to throw cookies to set up the booth announcers.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw

Wow nano, I pegged you as DFP's most certain Republican a long time ago. Combine that with the fact you're a Red Sox fan and I can't believe you aren't defending CS!

For the record, I love the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 19, 2012
Schilling may not be politically correct or the best businessman, but a trusted source has confirmed that his knowledge of the FP game exceeds what was displayed during the WCWS when he was trying to throw cookies to set up the booth announcers.

Schilling IMO tried too hard not to overstep his bounaries as the addition to the WCWS broadcasting team, and it came off as him sounding absolutely clueless rather than adding value to the dialogue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi