Manipulating the Barrel Early with Hands

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Hands in charge.
tumblr_przb3wxZ1B1usf292o1_400.gif

tumblr_przb7sorKJ1usf292o1_100.gif

The scap retract tips the barrel. The hands pull forward. That’s torque the handle. Aka loads the barrel.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
Has anyone asked Skeletor if he's turning the barrel?

My background is in golf and the top hand (in golf it's the bottom hand) plays a significant role in squaring up the club face. I get the same feeling when I swing a bat.

What's interesting about DiCarlo is that most of her home runs are to right center.

May 12, 2016
It missed us but yes..typical OK spring.
Has anyone asked Skeletor if he's turning the barrel?

My background is in golf and the top hand (in golf it's the bottom hand) plays a significant role in squaring up the club face. I get the same feeling when I swing a bat.

What's interesting about DiCarlo is that most of her home runs are to right center.
JD Martinez as well, I see a lot of similarities in their barrel path. I'd imagine they are both focusing on staying inside and through the ball

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
JD Martinez as well, I see a lot of similarities in their barrel path. I'd imagine they are both focusing on staying inside and through the ball

Julray, I see them both staying inside the ball but the barrel path isn't the same.. JD's barrel path is flat and appears to be his focus, while DiCarlo's path is vertical.

vxBprBm.gif

zS7Rq9s.gif

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1