Looking for new bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 7, 2013
My 17 DD right now is swinging a 34/24 2012 Xeno, it's starting to have a Rattle and we all now the issues people are having getting replacements and just buying a new one at 34/24 or 34/25 is next to impossible. Before buying the Xeno last April she always swung Anderson Bats, so the 2 I'm looking at are the new RocketFlex and Easton Brigade FX1. Leaning towards the FX1, but I've NEVER been an Easton "Fan" and obviously she's has good luck with Anderson's. Looking for Parents or Coaches with first hand experience with either of these. For all the Easton supporters go ahead and talk me into it......

Apr 7, 2013
Well I went ahead and got the FX1, she swung it yesterday for the first time. Liked the feel, seem to have good pop out of the wrapper. I'm sure it will get better, once we get it broken in. Now just get adjusted to the sound, after hearing the "Ting" of the Anderson's and the "shattering glass " of the Xeno's.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
The new worth 454 one piece bats are extremely hot and so far, are proving to be durable. I'm holding off on the new fx bats until I see some reviews. The rocketflex has also not been reviewed enough for me. The cf5 price has dropped about $70 since the cf6 was released.

Apr 7, 2013
She played first tourney with the FX1 this past weekend, bat performed well. Plenty of Pop.... would recommend it. now we'll see about the durability.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
My 17 DD right now is swinging a 34/24 2012 Xeno, it's starting to have a Rattle and we all now the issues people are having getting replacements and just buying a new one at 34/24 or 34/25 is next to impossible. Before buying the Xeno last April she always swung Anderson Bats, so the 2 I'm looking at are the new RocketFlex and Easton Brigade FX1. Leaning towards the FX1, but I've NEVER been an Easton "Fan" and obviously she's has good luck with Anderson's. Looking for Parents or Coaches with first hand experience with either of these. For all the Easton supporters go ahead and talk me into it......

Moved DD from her 33/24 RT to the new RF 34/24 last week. She said the swing weight feels more like the RT -9 than a true -10. That being said, she's strong enough to swing it and absolutely loves it. It has great pop right from the wrapper and the composite handle takes a lot of the sting out of stingers. Last weekend at her first tourney, second pitch with the new RF she went yard dropping it over the HS baseball fields fence they were playing on which was set at 285'.

Last edited:

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Too limited use for constructive feedback but... It was finally warm enough for DD to swing her new 33/23 Rocketflex during her last college DH and she said it was laser show time! She plans to use the RF exclusively this summer during TB instead of her 33" and 34" RTs and 34/24 Nanotek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles