Let's not have coaches!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2013
Can I schedule makeup games too to work around my schedule?

I was going to say practices but we will not have any Team practices because I do not want anyone to mess up my DD.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Isn't this how the Super Elite Premier Gold Teams work? :rolleyes: Believe me, IF my players were going to private lessons for hitting, fielding, throwing, it would make my life so much easier. Instead, I get to work with them since no one else (ie parents) will.

This weekend, a player who I had counted on in the fall to develop into a slapper this year given that she has all the athleticism any coach could ask for, struggled at the plate all weekend in an ASA qualifier. I asked her mother how often she works on her hitting at home, and I got a blank stare from her, after which she asked "how would she do that?" Needless to say, she will now be my Sunday courtesy runner.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Better yet. Let's not have parents, boyfriends, or girlfriends.

One of my players goes to a bug squisher that "all the girls just love". This weekend she got a couple of weak hits in 7 games at Diamond 9 at Disney. After it was all said and done she and the parents asked what they should tell her hitting coach. I suggested they tell her that she can't hit, you are not happy, and if she can't teach hitting you will go find another hitting coach. Not much more discussion followed.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2011
Better yet. Let's not have parents, boyfriends, or girlfriends.

One of my players goes to a bug squisher that "all the girls just love". This weekend she got a couple of weak hits in 7 games at Diamond 9 at Disney. After it was all said and done she and the parents asked what they should tell her hitting coach. I suggested they tell her that she can't hit, you are not happy, and if she can't teach hitting you will go find another hitting coach. No much more discussion followed.

I am sure the blame will fall back on you somehow. Because as everyone knows by reading threads on here that coaches have no clue about anything.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
In three, four, five or more recent threads, coaches of various members dds have been targeted as the ones who "mess up" their child. The easiest solution to this is to not have coaches. Instead, lets have supervisors. Everyone can pay for fielding, pitching, and hitting lessons on their own. Heaven forbid that a "coach" actually try to coach. In the supervisor role, they can run the kids out there, make some sort of lineup, and maybe buy a treat after the game. In that way, there will not be any scapegoats for player failure and so, the parent and hitting, pitching, fielding instructor will have to own that. Maybe even the player but I'm not going that far.

Agreed, except the part about the lineup. They cannot be trusted with this either. Coaches should just do what they do best, have their daughter play second base and leave the rest up to the parents. With the parents in charge we can be sure that the game will go smoothly and all the right girls will play the right positions and bat in the correct order.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Agreed, except the part about the lineup. They cannot be trusted with this either. Coaches should just do what they do best, have their daughter play second base and leave the rest up to the parents. With the parents in charge we can be sure that the game will go smoothly and all the right girls will play the right positions and bat in the correct order.

I'm sure that will work out just fine. Parents are well known to be considerate, compromising, and logical in matters such as these.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I'm sure that will work out just fine. Parents are well known to be considerate, compromising, and logical in matters such as these.

Exactly....as long as you can have 4 starting pitchers, 5 shortstops and everyone bats 1-4 then it will be fine. Coaches should be regulated to hauling gear back and forth in wagons and sending emails with directions to games.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL

I am thinking it will look like 2 shortstops, 3 pitchers, 2 catchers, and 2 center fielders on defense. Then 5 hitting lead off with 4 at clean up on offense.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01