Just quit HS team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JLF

Sep 18, 2017
I live in the area. East side suburban town. Is this a West side school? Near West or Far West?

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
DD 3 has some friends on Varsity and JV. From what she has said, her choice to quit the team was 100% on the money.

Bob- glad to hear it!
DD is not playing her senior year (officially- due to surgery. But she wasnt planning to come back anyway) and our lives are so much better to be out of that drama-filled sty!
I keep hearing the “coach apologists” trying to find an excuse for the coaches actions in these kinds of threads, but they clearly havent had to deal with the toolbags some of us have.
The team DD isnt playing on has their best defensive player in RF. She is a MI. The team has no SS, but shes in RF. 3B has never charged a ball in her life and wears concrete shoes, 2B is a “4-year starter” that hasnt been able to catch a pop up in those 4 years. They also have no 1B. Coach likes the popular girls.
after the first 5 games, the top 5 or 6 in the batting order were 0-fer. They are currently 2-7 (we play 18 games.)and it looks like this year the rumors of the coach getting fired may be more than rumors.

Feb 18, 2014
High school ball for me, was a lesson in learning to let go. Letting go while playing for a great team would be easy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2018
SE Michigan
I graduated in 94, a long time ago. The baseball coaches son (who was a little dou bag) was in my grade, and sat behind me in basketball. He was a RB in football and since I was a D lineman/LB I would get to hit him regularly. I was the 3rd baseman, had been for years, was top 3 in hitting every year and had been working hard on my swing. Day 2 of tryouts coach comes over to where I was working with the infielders and called me aside. He said "you have a good arm, you should be a pitcher". Immediately I was skeptical because I had an ok arm but really good glove. He took me to the pitching cage. He had me throw for a few minutes, I had pitched when I was around 10 or 11 but not since. He asked if I could throw a curve ball and I told him not really. Later that day in hitting he had his son pitch to me in the cage, his son was a little dork that had no heat. The kid could barely find the plate and I might have got to swing at 3 pitches that were outside. The next day he called me in and told me I wasn't a good pitcher and that I was cut. LOL, I will never forget it, I was so mad. Every year I took it out on his kid during football practice and basketball, wore him out on the football field.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
. At some point, sucking it up and playing really well isn't enough. Talent and hard work cannot win out when the coach only wants her favorites

Ok, last one- DD was chosen to play on one of the two TB basketball teams in her age bracket in MS. After 4 years of sitting on the bench and playing behind lesser players, we had a game against a tough team but 3 of the “starting 5” couldnt make it, so they had to play DD. She lit it up, scoring 20 points after 3 quarters ( they played (4) 15 minute quarters) and then in the 4th quarter the girls on her team refused to pass to her. we lost by 6 points.
The other team couldnt believe that this kid they couldnt stop had been riding the pine. The next day, DD broke her leg and was out for the rest of the season (which was winding down anyway)

Feb 18, 2014
Being the hardest worker and not getting what you should is life.

The only thing you can control is what you learn from it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

JLF

Sep 18, 2017
I know kids who played for both.

Your thoughts on GRB? The new facility is impressive. Is the softball program good? Thought about taking my DD to some hitting lessons there last year but soccer/hoops/volleyball kept her busy enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet