Jose Bautista hitting article.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not speaking for TDS. But his posts seem to always be about the content/mechanics. Mine as well. There is no personal vendetta. We just want him/the board to know that we know... you still haven’t found what your looking for.

Just saying.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Agreed about typical issues..but of that 95% I say who have flaws at the age I mentioned, probably 3/4 (at least around here) have hitting (paid..not amateur hacks like me) instructors so TM isn't the only one producing bad swings...

Not sure why this bothers you (and some others) so much..who cares what he claims? Either you like the information provided or you don't. Nobody is saying you have to like the guy personally.

You don’t mind false advertising? I do.
Kinda insults what little intellect I have.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
BM,

Since you have a handle on what is being preached by TM. Please tell me where I misrepresented his teachings. Enlighten me. Isn’t it load both pivot points and snap through with reckless abandon? While lasering/ skying the knob? On one leg? Correct me if I’m wrong.

FYI: no pro has ever said these things. Go figure.

Jun 8, 2016
You don’t mind false advertising? I do.
Kinda insults what little intellect I have.
Your assumption that people are too stupid to be able to discern for themselves could be construed as being
as offensive as his supposed false advertising...just saying. At least he is putting swings out there for people
to make that judgement. There are plenty of supposed gurus out there (and here) who claim they know the secret mojo
formula to hitting who have never posted a single hitter (or themselves). It is equivalent to me saying I proved that smooth solutions always exist to the Navier-Stokes equations but then never showing the actual proof...

Also for the record, as you know, I don't really "teach" my kid HI mechanics, or really use any method(you could come back and say that that it is obvious from her swing and to that I would say touche...  :p) so it isn't like I am overly invested in what this guy is saying.

Anyway I am done talking about this. This board is getting to be a bit like BBD, too many people complaining about other people.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
There are many who read post here that watch video and if students aren't snapping the barrel behind them from one leg then they have to be pushing. Wonder where they may be getting there information from :cool:

GC8usNR.gif

Jun 8, 2016
For the record, regarding the intent of this thread, the most important take home (to me) from Bautista's swing change is his thought process of slow and early. A lot of kids would improve just trying to incorporate that into their swings.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Your assumption that people are too stupid to be able to discern for themselves could be construed as being
as offensive as his supposed false advertising...just saying. At least he is putting swings out there for people
to make that judgement. There are plenty of supposed gurus out there (and here) who claim they know the secret mojo
formula to hitting who have never posted a single hitter (or themselves). It is equivalent to me saying I proved that smooth solutions always exist to the Navier-Stokes equations but then never showing the actual proof...

Also for the record, as you know, I don't really "teach" my kid HI mechanics, or really use any method(you could come back and say that that it is obvious from her swing and to that I would say touche...  :p) so it isn't like I am overly invested in what this guy is saying.

Anyway I am done talking about this. This board is getting to be a bit like BBD, too many people complaining about other people.

I enjoy reading/learning about hitting. Any theory. Any method. Doesn't matter. The agenda based BS is annoying and tiring. If I want to deal with more BS, I will just stay at work longer each day ;)

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Ok...for starters. Show me:
students aren't snapping the barrel behind them from one leg then they have to be pushing
Where any poster ever said 'snapping the barrel behind them FROM ONE LEG'.
24zfb82.gif

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
For the record, regarding the intent of this thread, the most important take home (to me) from Bautista's swing change is his thought process of slow and early. A lot of kids would improve just trying to incorporate that into their swings.
Way to summarize professor. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck