John Tschida hitting video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 14, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
"Does he use the swiss cheese type wiffle balls with the holes all over? Does he use baseball or softball size? Underhand or overhand? About how far away does he throw?"

In most of the drills he is using baseball sized and he pitches from a variety of distance. He's got a nice drill where he may use 3-4 coaches pitching with a trash can full of baseball sized wiffles, facing 12, 3, 6, and 9 on a clock and maybe 12-16 players in a large cirlce. Each coach/pitcher throws to 3-4 players from what looks to be about 20-30 feet.

Thanks. I'm a big believer in wiffle balls as it gives the girls the look of live pitching. I use baseball size swiss cheese wiffle balls thrown from about 20 feet. I always use a full windmill arm motion with wiffle balls and in the cage with real balls. I like the trash can idea with the girls in a circle. The girls would have fun with that because the balls would be flying all over the place and they like chaos.

Mar 10, 2009
"I like the trash can idea with the girls in a circle. The girls would have fun with that because the balls would be flying all over the place and they like chaos."

Yep. And they'll have a lot of fun trying to hit all of the coaches pitching the wiffles!

May 7, 2008
DFW
I used this drill to warm up my team before every game. Great way to get them all ready to hit and have some fun at the same time. I would award them points for hitting me or a teammate.

Good times.
I prefer the original wiffle ball with the solid side on one half and holes on the other. I can make them break and move so the hitters have to adjust to the pitches as they move. Better than the multi hole balls.

Dana.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez