idt in colorado this week

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Who is going to play in idt?

I will be following 18u BatBuster Bennett

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I flew back from Denver yesterday and saw a bunch of softball players matriculating through the airport. I felt like high fiving every one of them and wishing them luck this week, but I restrained myself.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
And it rained on Thursday...
So here comes the schedule shuffle...
This is where how many healthy pitchers and catchers a team has becomes more valuable.

Most teams could have handled posibly two game's a day,
But now posibly 4 today,
to get into the meat of the tournament.

Planning for bigger tournys is
Planning the right roster!
*Rain/Heat...
Tests the fortitude of the roster.

Original schedule had 9 games in first 4 days thru fri..
Yesterday thurs. showed up, fully warmed up. Started game. Made it 1/2 threw first inning. Hmmm now maybe 4 today?-fri
Then atleast 6? More, maybe more sat & sun.
Lotta softball!

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
The Showing of D1's and others still interested & needing 2021's is a wonderful thing to hear about!
Glad for the players who have put in so much hard work and made it through a hard 2020.

Share this little story
A shout out to an 18u travel coach who saw talent on the team they were playing...
(from another state)
Saw a players talent on their team.
Went to the other teams coach, to let him know...
That a particular D1 college.
is looking for a 2021 player for that position. As he further complimented the talent of the player.
(he named the college and coach)

Really neat to hear of the sincerity, positive intentions and extra effort people/coaches will put into softball. Passing forward the knowledge of opportunity!

🏆👍 Here's to you Coach!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2015
DD's team hosts the IDT. I feel like people are so glad to be back out at these big events. Everyone is happy, players and fans are cheering each other on and good plays on both sides of the field have been celebrated by fans on both sides. It is a beautiful thing to see. The sheer number of coaches is amazing and I am so grateful to get to be a part of it all! Thank you to all who are attending - whether player, fan, coach, official, volunteer or other!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
The Showing of D1's still interested & needing 2021's is a wonderful thing to hear about!
Glad for the players who have put in so much hard work and made it through a hard 2020.

Share this little story
A shout out to an 18u travel coach who saw talent on the team they were playing...
(from another state)
Saw a players talent on their team.
Went to the other teams coach, to let him know...
That a particular D1 college.
is looking for a 2021 player for that position. As he further complimented the talent of the player.
(he named the college and coach)

Really neat to hear of the sincerity, positive intentions and extra effort people/coaches will put into softball. Passing forward the knowledge of opportunity!

🏆👍 Here's to you Coach!

People don't realize, but recruiting happens this way too. Good TB coaches and recruiters should be in it for ALL the players.

Summer 2019 DD's team was playing in a very tight game at IDT vs a team from Cali. Our pitcher was dealing and doing her job but the infield let her down. Bobbles and little errors. You could see the intensity and competitiveness oozing from our pitcher. We ended up losing 3-2. D1 college coache finds me and is fawning and complimenting my pitcher's demeanor and asks if she is committed. I said kind of. Funny thing is, the night before she decommitted from her Juco because she moved to Texas away from the school she signed to. Coach allowed the release. Unfortunately, this school would not have been a good fit. Grades, scores, $$$, and distance were too hard to overcome.

As for the schedules at IDT, those rain cancelled games may not be made up and will use a 4 game scheudle to build out the bracket at least that's what happened to us in the past. I was just looking at the Fireworks Power Pool brackets. HOLY MOLY. If you lose your first bracket game, you will have to win 5-6 games in a row (8am-8pm) (depending on grouping)on Saturday...if you keep winning. Moral of the story...Win Early!

Jun 8, 2016
Everyone is happy, players and fans are cheering each other on and good plays on both sides of the field have been celebrated by fans on both sides. It is a beautiful thing to see. T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bracket hasn't started yet... :LOL:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma