Teams/ games to watch in Colorado

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
The best is when they throw up their hands and then bend over to pick up the ball..that always gives me a good laugh (and no I am not saying the OF did anything wrong because it probably did go under the fence a little..I just find the visual funny..😂)

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Daughter's team won the 14u IDT tournament. It was a good week for them. They really hit the ball very well. My biggest surprise was how short the bracket games were. Even the championship game had a time limit. They won the championship game 2-3 in 5 innings vs a good Atlanta Vipers team. There was two rain/hail delays during the championship game. Our centerfielder made some incredible plays to to keep the Vipers from tying up the game in the last inning of the championship.

There were a few coaches in Colorado watching our games, Georgia, Tennessee, Indiana, a few others. I would say there was more coaches watching our games in Kansas City a couple weeks ago.
Congrats!!! Doesn't this post belong in the Shameless Brag category? LOL.

Dec 19, 2021
This ^^^. Nothing above the belt or at the knees was called in some of our games. We had the same issue last year.

In one game last year, my daughter couldn't buy a strike, so she had to throw over the heart of the plate, and she got crushed. The parents and coaches were freaking out so much so that two out of our four coaches got tossed.

After the game, the AC for the other team came up to my to sort of apologize since he could tell I was the pitcher's father. He told me they had the same ump in the previous game, and that he had a stroke zone the size of a cereal box. He said they told their hitters to lay off anything not down the middle. They listened well that day.
The tight zone is a Huge factor. Simple popups were flying out for sure, but so many were just barreled up since the pitchers had to throw meatballs to get a strike call.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Colorado is a poor tournament to go to if you are pitcher looking to get recruited. Definitely a hitters paradise.

Same reason you don't ever see a good free agent pitcher go to the Colorado Rockies in MLB.

May 27, 2013
The tight zone is a Huge factor. Simple popups were flying out for sure, but so many were just barreled up since the pitchers had to throw meatballs to get a strike call.

Gets them ready for the college strike zone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles