How to crow hop?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yep, I purchased a course. It’s how to crow hop. She even calls it the second push. The crop hop is just the stepping style after the first push off.

She has a student pitching and crow hopping. But, she doesn’t think you have to see how far you get out there. They hide it a little, I can tell, as most here can.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Oh, the irony that she mentions Coach Stephanie right at the beginning. We used her for the first 21 months of my daughter's pitching journey. We left because she wasn't progressing at all and taught girls to crow hop. Within two months with her new trainer, her speed jumped 6 MPH because she now has correct mechanics.

Bad example for this coach to use...

Mar 10, 2020
Most profound comment daughter understands about her pitching career is
finding what works is what pitching is about. Because what works for some doesn't work for everybody. Any suggestion that helps players be better pitchers is worthwhile examining. Without trial and error there would not be pursuing to find growth.
If my daughter didn't try what she was told not to do would have held her back. Instead she wanted to try alternatives and because of that grew substantially.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The course doesn’t show very much full out pitching. What they do show is how to create a throwing position with the back foot replant. She stresses turning the hips open. So you need the second push to get the lowerbody back into the pitch. So, rotate open and then use the lowerbody. Your creating a hitch.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I like her repeating years of coaching pitchers experience. Saying it once is enough, repeating it over and over means they don’t know what is happening.

Sep 29, 2014
Just watching this video posted, there is a ton of good stuff in there. Sure we can quibble here or there but for the most part if you followed this you would be off to a pretty good start...I did just skim maybe I missed the second push part but she used mostly still pictures when talking about that stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles