Is crow hopping now legal

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 29, 2023
I'm fine with it, as far as the leap rule. And no ump will call that an illegal pitch in my opinion.
I had always assumed you couldn't just hover your foot above the rubber. Seems like a pretty logical way to generate more power if it's legal.

Oct 4, 2018
I had always assumed you couldn't just hover your foot above the rubber. Seems like a pretty logical way to generate more power if it's legal.

I think it's in constant contact with the rubber. Does it come off?

[EDIT] Does look like a little step. Not sure that would get caught or not but does seem "wrong"

Mar 29, 2023
I think it's in constant contact with the rubber. Does it come off?

[EDIT] Does look like a little step. Not sure that would get caught or not but does seem "wrong"
Took me a while to figure out what she was implying was legal too, but the description is: "This is LEGAL, and it’s a great way to add some boost into your take off 🔥 as long as your foot hovers above the mound you are good to go 🙂 #themoreyouknow"

Oct 4, 2018
Took me a while to figure out what she was implying was legal too, but the description is: "This is LEGAL, and it’s a great way to add some boost into your take off 🔥 as long as your foot hovers above the mound you are good to go 🙂 #themoreyouknow"

Is that accurate though?

Which I suppose was your original question. :D

I do see that Paisely Pitching (or whatever it is) on Facebook a lot, and honestly I question about half of what they share. They seem to specialize in whacky drills that may or may not work, may or may not be needed, and may or may not be a solution looking for a problem that doesn't exist.

I'm firmly in the camp of "let the body work naturally to create power and consistency" and am not a fan of gadgets and drills in most cases.

Jun 22, 2008
It is illegal to pick up the foot and set it back down. She is ever so slightly picking it up, I doubt in real time in game situation it would be noticed

May 13, 2023
It is illegal to pick up the foot and set it back down. She is ever so slightly picking it up, I doubt in real time in game situation it would be noticed
And could be different looking on a field with a hole in front of the pitching rubber.

May 13, 2023
question about half of what they share.

They seem to specialize in whacky drills that may or may not work, may or may not be needed, and may or may not be a solution looking for a problem that doesn't exist.
Haaa that is so funny the way you described that. ( I do not follow that instruction would be interesting to see some of those wacky drills potential value )

Agree with what you are saying...
should take a look at the principle of what a drill is supposed to be doing and if it's actually within sound mechanical form. Sometimes just thinking through whether or not it makes sense is a good thing to do. Not just do it because someone else is and not know whether they're doing it right or not should be considered

Oct 4, 2018
Haaa that is so funny the way you described that. ( I do not follow that instruction would be interesting to see some of those wacky drills potential value )

Agree with what you are saying...
should take a look at the principle of what a drill is supposed to be doing and if it's actually within sound mechanical form. Sometimes just thinking through whether or not it makes sense is a good thing to do. Not just do it because someone else is and not know whether they're doing it right or not should be considered

... and sometimes you see a whole room of girls doing the same "stride foot on a beach ball, back foot on a balance beam, throwing a 10 pound ball" and you think "They all have the same issue?"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi