Resetting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
I wonder how many, if any, times pitchers were called for not staying in the lane. I dont think I have ever seen it called.
And, Most people would never know what it looks like to be outside of the lane 🤷‍♀️

For these reasons I think it's good to reflect on what pitchers used to be able to do. To understand the changes and restrictions that were implemented on them.

Jun 8, 2016
If MLB hitters can deal with pitchers throwing 100 and releasing the ball practically behind their heads, fastpitch hitters can deal with pitchers stepping out of the pitching lane.. 🤷‍♂️

May 13, 2023
If MLB hitters can deal with pitchers throwing 100 and releasing the ball practically behind their heads, fastpitch hitters can deal with pitchers stepping out of the pitching lane.. 🤷‍♂️
Who knows 🤷‍♀️pitching Lane may have been implemented to cut down on the variables and the Lesser reaction time of fastpitch? But the ball still gets hidden behind their underhand body surely the rule changed pitch angle trajectory.
It did restrict body movement for sure that definitely created limitations on mechanics. Restrictions making it harder to pitch.
Help batters produce runners!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I'm sure they can deal with it. Imagine being a lefty and having to face Randy Johnson throwing 98 MPH with questionable control.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414