Resetting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The batter was already bailing on the pitch, so her chances of hitting it were small before she decided to swing at a ball a foot off the plate. Blaming the pitcher for a terrible swing is silly.

May 13, 2023
How many times do you get to hop?

View attachment 28650
Reality answer is~
as many times as the Umpire will allow.

That video the pitcher through a meaty pitch for a strike.... With a Skip to My Lou approach...
Begin music 🎶
skip skip, skip to my lou...
The batter bailed too early! 🎶

Oct 13, 2017
The batter was already bailing on the pitch, so her chances of hitting it were small before she decided to swing at a ball a foot off the plate. Blaming the pitcher for a terrible swing is silly.
I don't think Shawn was concerned with the batter. He was speaking of the pitchers obvious crowhop.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jun 18, 2023
The batter is reacting to and expecting a "normal" delivery, and when there's a second hop/movement/weirdness it throws off the timing. That's part of the whole point.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The batter is reacting to and expecting a "normal" delivery, and when there's a second hop/movement/weirdness it throws off the timing. That's part of the whole point.
It's clearly a screwball, which isn't thrown with a normal delivery. It's always telegraphed, so the batter knows the ball will be thrown outside. I don't know who this pitcher is, but I would bet that is her normal motion, so the batter isn't surprised.

This isn't the same as baseball where a guy like El Duque Hernandez could change his delivery on every pitch.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00