How many HBP have you seen in a NCAA softball game?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 26, 2013
Saw Nuenez from Kentucky hit 9 batters in 1 game.....
I saw that game. It was crazy watching Kelsey Nunley hit 8 Miss.St batters in a 9-inning game - and win. She hit 2 in the 1st inning and 3 in the 9th, but none of those scored. I kept wondering when they were going to pull her. I think the previous record was 4.

Only 3 players were hit by pitches - #2 Shape, 4 Lenahan and 5 Echols in the line-up. Miss State set a team record this year with 82 HBP and those 3 players have 46 of them.

The KY website doesn't have much about it, but the Miss St does. Here are links to the recap and box score.

Feb 7, 2013
At the collegiate level, I don't think HBP (or Walks for that matter) is a big deal because the defenses are so good that you can getaway with it. With the hot bats, balls flying all over the park, and tight strike zones, pitchers are trying to establish the inside corner.

It's at the lower levels high school, 14U, 12U, etc where HBP/Walks become essentially doubles and triples with stealing/wild pitches/passed balls more common place that these free passes can hurt the defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321