HOW do you Teach TILT!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
Bold above ... does that agree with the Hanson Principle?

Depends on my model. :)

But keep in mind I'm correcting a flawed elbow lead. I will many times go to the other extreme to alter an extreme. Although I don't consider that particular cue (hands behind the elbow) to be that extreme.

correction: I meant elbow behind the hands

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
If they load/coil correctly (not get on top of their rear foot) it should just happen.

No ... for whatever reason, not everyone masters the proper "actions under the hood". I've seen many instances of people 'coiling' or 'loading', and yet not properly 'uncoiling' or 'unloading' with a sufficient weight shift. Not everything is automatic ... and that's why the details are important ... to assist those that don't quite have the actions down to being an automatic.

May 14, 2008
If you have the rear elbow behind the rear hand at setup and then you maintain that relationship by holding the hinge angle as you slot/turn/rotate without pulling or pushing the rear arm until you get around the corner,the momentum you build up will assist in getting the rear arm into the L position so that you can effectively uncock the wrists into contact.Does that make sense to anyone?

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
If you have the rear elbow behind the rear hand at setup and then you maintain that relationship by holding the hinge angle as you slot/turn/rotate without pulling or pushing the rear arm until you get around the corner,the momentum you build up will assist in getting the rear arm into the L position so that you can effectively uncock the wrists into contact.Does that make sense to anyone?
That does make sense to me. Now I am waiting to hear from a few others to see if they think it is right.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Just as people are concerned with the elbow leading the hands at the RVP Connection Point Position, there can also be a concern in the opposite direction in which the hands lead the elbow at the RVP Connection Point Position ... See Yeager's DVD “Back Elbow Function and Body Segment Rotation in the Elite Hitter plus Analysis” for one example of how to address such an issue.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
walmvc.gif

What is this supposed to prove? If it's supposed to be leading with the back elbow then I agree with Chris. Also, why do you routinely advocate so fervently against knocking knuckles grip because it promotes the back elbow to be too far forward and suddenly here if someone teaches against a forward back elbow it shows a lack of understanding?

R

RayR

It depends on your experience and your goals....mine is that your description leads to a dead end....it may help short term, but the progress will be stunted as the pitching gets better (movement / location / change of pace)....I had HS players have nice careers using this method, but they were one dimensional (machine / fastball only hitters)....if your goal is college then the pitching MAY eat you alive....

Oct 25, 2009
It depends on your experience and your goals....mine is that your description leads to a dead end....it may help short term, but the progress will be stunted as the pitching gets better (movement / location / change of pace)....I had HS players have nice careers using this method, but they were one dimensional (machine / fastball only hitters)....if your goal is college then the pitching MAY eat you alive....

Why? What does the rear elbow slightly behind or even with the top hand, at slot, cause the swing to not be able to do?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad