HOW do you Teach TILT!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 14, 2011
Silicon Valley, CA
That's all I was trying to say...

You cannot create bat whip with the hands fused to the shoulder....the elbow gets fused as well.....although oleary believes you can....that is the bare bones of it....he has even posted his kid trying to eliminate bat drag by keeping the barrel pinned to the rear shoulder...he believes that the barrel flies off the merry go around at precisely the right moment regardless of pitch loaction/movement/speed.....all because you rotate really fast....

OK perhaps I didn't read the thread closely enough or maybe there is history to this argument, or things are being referenced from Chris's site. If he advocates this, which I didn't pick up on in this thread, then I see the light. That would be what I've heard called a push type swing, and it would have reduced speed and power to it, less bat whip.

Apologize if I came off as attacking FFS.

May 7, 2008
San Rafael, Ca
"The 'push' that CY is describing occurs during the shift into heel plant ... during the uncoiling of the rear leg"

=============

With regard to the legs

An importan thing to understand about CY's "push" is that what you look for is well sequenced ABduction of the legs.

What needs to be avoided is the lack of well timed and sequenced abduction/knee spread like PCR hitters all show, starting from very early in the Nyman/Englishbey drill development,for example:

http://groundup.hittingillustrated.com/hitting/pcr/pcr1.gif

R

RayR

Do you understand him? If I am wrong - then I apologize....but the statement below makes sense? It is truely tiring to read his stuff on different boards always pointing out how everyone else is wrong with no actual committment to anything he believes in....constantly being caught in contradictory statements as he plows on oblivious....

This hitter's back elbow never gets ahead of her back elbow up to the POC, which is all that matters.

I have to give Chris credit for maintaining his civility.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
wvqpmt.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
If you have the rear elbow behind the rear hand at setup and then you maintain that relationship by holding the hinge angle as you slot/turn/rotate without pulling or pushing the rear arm until you get around the corner,the momentum you build up will assist in getting the rear arm into the L position so that you can effectively uncock the wrists into contact.Does that make sense to anyone?

Is this what you are describing?

pcr1.gif

Oct 12, 2009

I hope that everyone who looks at this clip understands that this clip was shot looking down the first base line, not from the side on.

As such, the arrows mean very little that is relevant.

However, from this angle you can see that the back elbow never gets ahead of the back hip, which is what matters.

Same for the other clip.

Of course, what I have gotten out of this exchange is an understanding of why some people believe what they do; they are unable to rotate objects in their head and get a sense of the true relationship of the parts.

Look, a giant with his finger on top of a lighthouse!!!

building%20and%20man%20optical%20illusions.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Clip 16-17 shows the elbow leading the hands. I guess you call it "elbow slotting". I like that term as well (slot position). Either way the hands are following the elbow for a split second similar to throwing.

There are some important similarities to throwing ... IMO anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse