How Did She Do It?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
So baseball swings are different than softball swings? Probably not harder but in games she would probably barrel up more balls..that is my take at least. Hitting "lasers" in front toss from 20 feet coming in at 30 mph isn't exactly difficult..
Swings are different period, and people find success with it, baseball or softball. Which is the point of this thread, she has some strange mechanics, but a lot of success.

Generating that much power and distance with front toss is not easy at all.

May 12, 2016
It is interesting. I don't think he has ever been a member here, although he was on some of the other sites we visit. The ironic thing is that I'm sure all of the talk about him (positive and negative) is creating more followers on his twitter account. Kind of like the Dallas Cowboys. Some people love them. Some people hate them. But EVERYONE has an opinion...
And my opinion is, I really like some of his teachings, they've made a difference for my DD and I personally, I really find some of his teaching confusing and lacking in context... his attitude sucks for most part, online anyway, might be a great person in person.

Regardless, this thread wasn't created to challenge what he teaches, just showing how somebody is doing things a little different and being very successful. Seems to me that there are a lot of different swings(in comparison to what is considered a HL swing)in softball which are very successful. compared to the very successful hitter in MLB which seems to fit the same mold with few exceptions.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Swings are different period and people find success with it, baseball or softball. Which is the point of this thread, she has some strange mechanics, but a lot of success.
All parts of the swing? Not sure you will find many people who agree with that statement if that is what you meant.

I am done, not sure how I got myself down this rabbit hole but whatever. At the end of the day she can certainly hit I won't disagree with that.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
It is possible for hitters to succeed with less than ideal mechanics at different levels (not saying Romero...). IMO, the most important factor is adjustability/timing. Part of that is definitely mechanics. But some is athleticism as well. I remember this one girl that DD played against in high school. Most people here would not care for her swing at all, regardless of their views. But against weaker pitching, she would routinely hit the ball 250 feet. Against better pitching, she was lucky to reach base.
Do you know if she received a scholarship? And if you say it was Lauren Chamberlain than I am going to laugh, :)

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Different paths but both appear to work.. Not a fan of forcing a vertical path on any of my hitters.. Leaves to big a gap up in the zone.

6cYWZHy.gif

OiJFg65.gif

May 12, 2016
All parts of the swing? Not sure you will find many people who agree with that statement if that is what you meant.

I am done, not sure how I got myself down this rabbit hole but whatever. At the end of the day she can certainly hit I won't disagree with that.
Nope not all parts.. some things always remain intact. For example before the barrel starts turning, pushing or whatever, I believe for the most part stretch and tension is created. Seems to be every elite hitter understands how to use their body properly

May 12, 2016
Different paths but both appear to work.. Not a fan of forcing a vertical path on any of my hitters.. Leaves to big a gap up in the zone.

6cYWZHy.gif

OiJFg65.gif
Well it's been talked about a million times... getting behind and through the ball.. or getting behind and up through the ball. My question is, if the goal is to get on plane early and be in the hitting zone longer, why would one go through all the effort of getting on plane early only to leave prematurely because they are trying to get up through the ball? If on plane, why not stay on plane and stay through the ball for as long possible. Romero proves you can hit bombs without the steep upper finish.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Well it's been talked about a million times... getting behind and through the ball.. or getting behind and up through the ball. My question is, if the goal is to get on plane early and be in the hitting zone longer, why would one go through all the effort of getting on plane early only to leave prematurely because they are trying to get up through the ball? If on plane, why not stay on plane and stay through the ball for as long possible. Romero proves you can hit bombs without the steep upper finish.

I have no problem with her path.

jOgD4bS.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying