Hitting out front

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
That is ok. I dont expect that. A literal rocket scientist gave you a bunch of info and you didn't bother to read or think about it.

If you read my posts you would have seen that I said it’s an anatomy thing. Not a physics thing. Kinda why I only read a bit of Pattars stuff and new it was the same blah blah. Old news. Well It’s about what is delivering/stabilizing the barrel. Not the barrel.

I have given valid examples. I have explained the one handed HR. I have given a reason that hasn’t been disproven. But I’m the one who doesn’t know. My reasoning can explain why. Others not so much. I’m fine with that.

Feb 25, 2020
If you read my posts you would have seen that I said it’s an anatomy thing. Not a physics thing. Kinda why I only read a bit of Pattars stuff and new it was the same blah blah. Old news. Well It’s about what is delivering/stabilizing the barrel. Not the barrel.

I have given valid examples. I have explained the one handed HR. I have given a reason that hasn’t been disproven. But I’m the one who doesn’t know. My reasoning can explain why. Others not so much. I’m fine with that.

The only example you gave is anecdotal evidence from "your eye"

The same "eye" that saw the obliques move the hips.

You're the guy that said "you can have too much batspeed".

And now this.

If the ball goes farther with the same bat its because the girl swung it faster.

Your "observations and beliefs" have been provably incorrect on multiple occasions.

Other people humor you. I will not.

You are a joke.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Can a 15yo kid w 70 mph bat speed hit as far as a pro player w 70 mph bat speed? I don’t think so. Why is that? Maybe bc it’s like shooting a catapult from a canoe vs the ground. A bit better stabilization to repel the ball? More mass to stabilize the Hit? Explains why bigger guys hit it farther.

Feb 25, 2020
Can a 15yo kid w 70 mph bat speed hit as far as a pro player w 70 mph bat speed? I don’t think so. Why is that? Maybe bc it’s like shooting a catapult from a canoe vs the ground. A bit better stabilization to repel the ball? More mass to stabilize the Hit? Explains why bigger guys hit it farther.

Don't matter what you think. The same bat going the same speed with same contact will hit the ball the same way.

May 12, 2016
Don't matter what you think. The same bat going the same speed with same contact will hit the ball the same way.
Are you sure about that... if so, what data do we have to back it up? I don’t mean equations and scientific theory. I’m talking about data.

I’m interested in this conversation, don’t have a side and don’t care if I’m wrong. I am a data person, professionally , don’t have a clue about physics, so I won’t pretend I do

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The only example you gave is anecdotal evidence from "your eye"

The same "eye" that saw the obliques move the hips.

You're the guy that said "you can have too much batspeed".

And now this.

If the ball goes farther with the same bat its because the girl swung it faster.

Your "observations and beliefs" have been provably incorrect on multiple occasions.

Other people humor you. I will not.

You are a joke.

Yeah yeah. You don’t know what you don’t know. You know?

Feb 25, 2020
Are you sure about that... if so, what data do we have to back it up? I don’t mean equations and scientific theory. I’m talking about data.

I’m interested in this conversation, don’t have a side and don’t care if I’m wrong. I am a data person, professionally , don’t have a clue about physics, so I won’t pretend I do

Post 92.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish